Author Topic: My GTI PP  (Read 11838 times)

mattwilko92

My GTI PP
« on: 05 January 2017, 19:34 »
Hi All,

Thought i would start a thread for my new car!

I had owned my A1 Black Edition 1.4 TFSI (185bhp) for 4 years and can honestly say it was a great car! It went well with the DSG box, was well built and never missed a beat. It genuinely cost me very little in 4 years / 22k miles ownership.

IMG_0006_2 by Matt Wilkins, on Flickr

So i wanted something bigger, more power, more tech and more doors without having significantly higher running costs. Naturally i went and had a look at A3's but found them dull as dishwater and the S3 was quite a bigger jump in terms of cost.

I went and test drove a Golf GTI at my local dealership and was blown away! VW have really stepped their game up in terms of quality the last few years. After an hour a deal was done and i'd ordered my new car.

Spec wise;- 5 Door, Performance Pack, Carbon Grey, Full leather, car-net app, rear view camera and dynaudio!

Picked it up early November 2016 - it was originally due to be delivered in Jan 2017 so was a nice surprise. Please excuse my awful photography.

image by Matt Wilkins, on Flickr

After a couple of weeks i gave her a detail with Gtechniq protection and fitted mudflaps all round to try and reduce the amount of spray I'm chucking behind and to also try and reduce the amount of dirt coming up the sides of the car.

The car has totally exceeded my expectations. It has loads of go in it, it rattles less than my A1, plenty of toys and seems very practical. MPG is currently around 35 with mixed driving. I also was pleased when i phoned my insurance up to change it over that there was no increase in my premium (I'm 24).

I hope this car is as kind to me as the Audi was, i think it's a keeper!

« Last Edit: 05 January 2017, 19:39 by mattwilko92 »

Offline _baz

• Not said much yet
Re: My GTI PP
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2017, 19:26 »
looks great !
I can attest that the mudflaps don't seem to keep the car much cleaner (if at all) in this weather :(

mattwilko92

« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2017, 17:59 »
looks great !
I can attest that the mudflaps don't seem to keep the car much cleaner (if at all) in this weather :(
After a week or so, i think i can say the car is slightly better. I actually like how they look anyway, they make the rear look a tad wider.

mattwilko92

« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2017, 16:44 »
Fitted the 'jacking point' mods today, have to say well worth doing as you can now easily lift up with a trolley jack and put axel stands on the jack point sills. Also hit 3k miles so thought i'd do a 'running in' oil change - very easy to do! A few bits of metal came out the sump so well worth doing IMO.

Offline Jim.

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2017, 15:31 »
What's a jacking point mod? can you post a link please, or an explanation (with pics of course :) :whistle:)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2017, 15:44 »
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Jim.

• Just got here