Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 299375 times)

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #820 on: 15 March 2017, 07:31 »
Anyone been on the online configurator?

Couldn't find the Performance Pack option anywhere?

It's not available to order until the 4th May AFAIK.

Well that's annoying

Tell me about it, I desperately need to get rid of my current car so I had no choice but to order a non pp facelift. I just hope the pp comes out above my original budget so I don't get jealous :rolleyes:

Did you manage to get much discount off the facelift?

List £31065, I paid £26800

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #821 on: 15 March 2017, 13:54 »
Has anyone else seen this pic from VW's facebook page?

These are optional 'Seville Dark Graphite' 18" same as the standard GTD wheels but different colour.
Noticed these in the German brochure for both GTI and GTD, but not on their configurator.
VW mention in the comments they are evaluating the optional red-edged alloys to the UK offerings...

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #822 on: 15 March 2017, 14:10 »

These are optional 'Seville Dark Graphite' 18" same as the standard GTD wheels but different colour.
Noticed these in the German brochure for both GTI and GTD, but not on their configurator.
VW mention in the comments they are evaluating the optional red-edged alloys to the UK offerings...
No too sure about the red rim but other than that, they look a fantastic wheel :drool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #823 on: 15 March 2017, 18:55 »

There was me thinking that the Santiago wheels were hard to clean. They remind me of the old Lamborghini wheels.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #824 on: 15 March 2017, 19:26 »
GTI Performance VW press release 10th March -

https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/en/detailpage/-/detail/The-new-Golf-GTI-Performance-is-now-available-to-order/view/4695679/7a5bbec13158edd433c6630f5ac445da?p_p_auth=ukHo4GOS

"The Golf update also brings a refresher for the most dynamic version, the Golf GTI Performance. With a 15 PS increase in output over its predecessor, the new model accelerates up to 100 km/h in 6.2 seconds. The maximum torque increases by 20 to 370 Nm, and the front differential lock fitted as standard applies this power effordlessly to the road while increasing the lateral acceleration potential when emerging from bends.

On its exterior, the Golf GTI Performance differs from the GTI with 169 kW/230 PS by virtue of the GTI badge on its front red brake callipers, red GTI lettering at the front and rear, and larger internally-ventilated disc brakes (front: 340 mm, rear: 310 mm)."
« Last Edit: 15 March 2017, 19:28 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #825 on: 15 March 2017, 20:45 »
GTI Performance VW press release 10th March -

https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/en/detailpage/-/detail/The-new-Golf-GTI-Performance-is-now-available-to-order/view/4695679/7a5bbec13158edd433c6630f5ac445da?p_p_auth=ukHo4GOS

"The Golf update also brings a refresher for the most dynamic version, the Golf GTI Performance. With a 15 PS increase in output over its predecessor, the new model accelerates up to 100 km/h in 6.2 seconds. The maximum torque increases by 20 to 370 Nm, and the front differential lock fitted as standard applies this power effordlessly to the road while increasing the lateral acceleration potential when emerging from bends.

On its exterior, the Golf GTI Performance differs from the GTI with 169 kW/230 PS by virtue of the GTI badge on its front red brake callipers, red GTI lettering at the front and rear, and larger internally-ventilated disc brakes (front: 340 mm, rear: 310 mm)."

The big question is... how much more will it cost in the UK?

I'm hoping it's around 2k so I don't regret ordering a facelift too soon.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #826 on: 15 March 2017, 20:54 »
It was £995 on the Mk7. I doubt there will be much of or any increase as nothing has changed to the pack.
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #827 on: 15 March 2017, 21:04 »
It was £995 on the Mk7. I doubt there will be much of or any increase as nothing has changed to the pack.

Except the 7 speed DSG. ATM that is another upgrade from the standard GTI.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #828 on: 15 March 2017, 21:28 »

Except the 7 speed DSG. ATM that is another upgrade from the standard GTI.
Yeah but that's a separate option.

It will be strange if they offer the 2 GTIs with 2 different DSG boxes.

I keep hoping the PP will be available sooner. It's still 7 weeks away. :cry:
« Last Edit: 15 March 2017, 21:29 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #829 on: 15 March 2017, 21:53 »
Looking at various EU VW configurators it looks like they will run with a GTI with 6 speed DSG and a GTI Performance with the 7 speed DSG. In other countries the GTI Performance adds other optional extras as standard too to offset the extra cost.

We all know that VW offerings vary quite a bit between markets so it really is anyones guess at the moment. Roll on the 4th May :cool: