Author Topic: Sony head unit on mk3?  (Read 1670 times)

Offline kingfu

• Not said much yet
Sony head unit on mk3?
« on: 02 May 2010, 19:24 »
Currently got an pioneer head unit installed in my golf and would like to put in my sony after market stereo from my old car. Thought it would be a case of buying a new adaptor (as i've checked and the current adaptor in the car doesn't mate with the sony head unit), however I don't seem to be able to find anything online which will do the trick...so I'm guessing I must be missing something?

Anyone know how I'd fit this stereo or what I need to buy to fit it?

Cheers!

Offline damien010685

• I live here
Re: Sony head unit on mk3?
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2010, 01:17 »
Should be a straight fit mate i have a sony bt5700u system and fitted fine have u tried taking out the pioneer cage and putting the sony 1 in?
« Last Edit: 03 May 2010, 05:59 by damien010685 »

Offline kingfu

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2010, 13:33 »
Cheers thats what I thought that it would be a straight fit. Took another look and its actually Alpine stereo not Pioneer and the original wires have been cut losing the original connector and the Alpine connection added on.

So can I add an Alpine to Sony connector to save me cutting the Sony wires and trying to match them up or is that basically the only solution now?

Offline damien010685

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2010, 14:50 »
Most of them tend to all be the same fit as in the leads but if its not i believe you can buy the connectors from halfords

Offline 8VPhil

• Just got here
  • VW Golf 2.0 GTI 8V
« Reply #4 on: 09 June 2010, 17:12 »
what you want is an autoleads pc3-08-9. cut all the wires and put an iso in there so you don't have the same problem if ever get a new headunit