Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739065 times)

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11230 on: 29 March 2021, 19:42 »
Well I spend yesterday repairing a little mishap on one of my wheels.  £70 a pop for a replacement BBS CH-R wheel protector but I'm quite impressed with how it deflected the damage from the rim, most damage is behind the protector and not visible...

2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11231 on: 29 March 2021, 19:44 »
Well I spend yesterday repairing a little mishap on one of my wheels.  £70 a pop for a replacement BBS CH-R wheel protector but I'm quite impressed with how it deflected the damage from the rim, most damage is behind the protector and not visible...

I begrudged paying for a new rim protector but they really do work well, whilst looking good.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11232 on: 29 March 2021, 19:54 »
Fitted some VW badged alloy valve dust caps - subtle litre change. Smeared a bit of copaslip on the threads so the won’t corrode to the valves.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11233 on: 29 March 2021, 20:04 »

I begrudged paying for a new rim protector but they really do work well, whilst looking good.

Much preferable to a refurb and losing the laser etching, that's for sure.
2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11234 on: 29 March 2021, 20:57 »
Much preferable to a refurb and losing the laser etching, that's for sure.

Can't ever get the laser etching redone correctly, everywhere always makes a mess of it.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11235 on: 29 March 2021, 21:06 »
Your car looks well will in Northern Ireland a few of thes nice golfs. Floating about now we shud get a bit of a run some d’ay 

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11236 on: 29 March 2021, 23:21 »
Your car looks well will in Northern Ireland a few of thes nice golfs. Floating about now we shud get a bit of a run some d’ay

I’ll be there in August in Down 😁
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline coolhandluke123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11237 on: 30 March 2021, 15:03 »
Waved it off this morning, with its new owner driving it back from Surrey up to its new home in Northern Ireland.

A truly remarkable 'all-rounder', that over 21500 miles did everything I threw at it, without grumble. It's not often I'm sad to see a car go, but I am feeling slightly nostalgic with this one...

A quick thanks to everybody on the forum who has helped and given me advice/help on my journey.  :smiley:

And thanks to you for all your helpful contributions.
I hope the next car is as good as this one.

Well the car is now safely back in N. IRELAND and it was a pleasure to finally get to meet it's owner after nearly 6 months of correspondence etc
A nice guy and easy to do business with.
Must give a special mention to Toeman an other N Ireland member as it was him that originally let me know about it.
Should I ever decide to sell it I will let you guys know and you can repatriate it back to the mainland.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #11238 on: 30 March 2021, 15:26 »
Welcome coolhandkuke.

You've got yourself a stunning example there. A credit to its former owner.👍
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11239 on: 30 March 2021, 16:37 »
Welcome coolhandluke and congrats on what seems to be a lovely specced and well loved GTI.
And farewell KMP. Or at least until you see the light again  :grin:

That pic did make me smile, I didn’t realise how cosmopolitan and European Surrey was until I saw that everyone drives on the right there!  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner