Author Topic: Adi's mk1 golf GTI cabby  (Read 22527 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Adi's mk1 golf GTI cabby
« Reply #30 on: 01 November 2011, 11:14 »
Danny Monday style camber..  :grin: not sure on the wheel colours though.

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 01 November 2011, 18:40 »
Those pink wheels are getting painted dark grey or black when I can be bothered and will be going back on the polo. I will be in the market for some nice wheels in the next few months though, just need to get the rear coilovers fitted as I've got a buyer for all the old suspension. Oh and get another pump on it and get it running before it gets too cold to work on it.

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 04 December 2011, 13:19 »
Well I haven't done much with the cabby lately, had other commitments and its been pretty cold lately, I did however get the 4 branch manifold on, wasn't too much bother to get on, just had to remove the ARB then it slipped into place. I have a proof shot of this, although its not very clear.

I also fitted the fuel pump I got off a forum, but just my luck its actually in worse order than the one I got with my engine, so after xmas I'm going to get a brand new one, they're £70 which is a lot for what it is, but I don't want to be buying a load of 2nd hand pumps until I get a good one (I did this last winter with ECU's when I converted my old mk2).

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #33 on: 04 December 2011, 13:35 »
Looking good dude, what wheels are yo looking for?

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 04 December 2011, 13:48 »
I really don't know, I'd love to go back to banded steels but I want to run 280s eventually so it has to be 15s. I like the wheels I have for it (that the polo is using) but they're badly kerbed in places. I don't want to spend too much on wheels either, I'd rather spend on a new interior and making the damn thing run, but I'd love a set of 15x7 RZs or even 6s. But on the other hand I'd love to run some wide 13s for a bit.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #35 on: 05 December 2011, 10:35 »
Nice........

.....but... You need to either wrap the manifold or the steering boot pictured as I guarantee it will melt very quickly!

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 05 December 2011, 19:44 »
you read my on that, I was going to ask the question on whether anyone has suffered a melted steering boot, so I take it some people have then? I might be able to knock up some kind of heat shield for it which would be easier than taking it back off to wrap it.