Author Topic: Seriously rotten mk2 gti!!  (Read 56004 times)

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
Re: Seriously rotten mk2 gti!!
« Reply #80 on: 27 June 2015, 17:31 »
thanks but great minds must think alike, its had new battery, new starter, redex and a fuel filter lol
shes is a lot better than before so a good run up to GTi International next week might do her good :-)

yeah was at Costa!

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #81 on: 27 June 2015, 18:57 »
ive been trying to do a few bits today for gti international next week...

decided to underseal the car on the bits that have been missed... heres a tip, NEVER poke around under the car and pick at bits... this is what will happen  :cry: :angry:

so the car is booked is yet again for welding next week!!

also tried to get the kit back on but only got as far as front arches today..
painted the side strips and the bits of rust treated metal on the doors
also got my steering wheel back on and tidied my boot

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #82 on: 09 July 2015, 12:05 »
Had a fab time at GTi International last weekend, my car drove 410 miles that weekend without an issue, we sat on the M25 for 6hours on the Friday... so proud of her  :grin:

I got myself a new steering wheels and a set of Estorils which I plan to polish the outer rims on and centres black..
the car shined up nicely too  :cool:

The car is now starting on the first turn which is awesome! Not on the button but its still much improved.
« Last Edit: 09 July 2015, 12:10 by vw_golf_nutter »

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #83 on: 09 July 2015, 12:13 »
Looking good!

Who's is the oak green?

Not sure on the wheels, but that's all personal taste.

Where is the rest of the BBS kit?
« Last Edit: 09 July 2015, 12:16 by Waspy »
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline Dean0991

• Not said much yet
« Reply #84 on: 09 July 2015, 13:07 »
My oak green is going on eBay today. Can't beat original. Original BBS alloys look awesome on gti

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #85 on: 15 July 2015, 21:33 »
the rest of the kits in the garage, need to get it on really but as I cant afford paint at the mo think it looks better without.. ive been busy making sure my arches are as well protected as they can be!

Offline Starfox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #86 on: 16 July 2015, 09:04 »
Just read this through from start to finish (I am currently considering purchasing a MK2 Golf!) and it is a thoroughly enjoyable read.  Major props on the work you have put into this - have you been keeping a running cost of your total costs?!

I was torn as to whether I should buy one of the more expensive MK2's which have already been done or do something like you are doing....
2011 MK6 GTD 5dr Carbon Grey, 18" Charleston, Xenons, ACC, RNS 510, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Front & Rear Sensors, Winter Pack
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/645595.html

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #87 on: 16 July 2015, 10:15 »
Just read this through from start to finish (I am currently considering purchasing a MK2 Golf!) and it is a thoroughly enjoyable read.  Major props on the work you have put into this - have you been keeping a running cost of your total costs?!

I was torn as to whether I should buy one of the more expensive MK2's which have already been done or do something like you are doing....

Do you want something you can jump in and enjoy everyday, or something which will be off the road 50% of the time, but ultimately you will be able to call your own?

Taking on a challenge like this will often become more expensive than just buying a really nice clean example. So then the only real factor becomes if you want to put your stamp on the car.
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline Dean0991

• Not said much yet
« Reply #88 on: 16 July 2015, 16:03 »
I'd rather let someone else do all the hard work haha decided to keep mine after all the time wasters that are around. Couldn't make it more clear that I wasn't in a rush and yet still got silly offers or people who just wanted to perv over it haha. Anyone know when there's a Vw show next round west mids area?

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #89 on: 16 July 2015, 19:51 »
I think im up to about £2800 at the moment including buying it.... oops...
but to be honest there are a lot of cars that look solid and are on the road but once you start taking trim off and lifting carpet they are not as solid as they seemed... I mean look at mine, it looked perfectly ok but underneath the arches it was rotten as hell...
I would rather pay a cheaper price and make the car what I want than buy one already done which may have underlying issues, remember they are now 23-31yrs old so unless you are spending £3k+ you are going to need to spend some money.
Another good thing is ive got to know the car and I get lots of praise for rescuing it, theres no glory in buying one already done!