Author Topic: Seriously rotten mk2 gti!!  (Read 55622 times)

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
Re: Seriously rotten mk2 gti!!
« Reply #50 on: 22 April 2015, 23:16 »
So the other bits are welded now, ive also taken off the rear wiper, stickered it up and took the side trim off to treat some rust bubbles. The wiper stalks are now painted black again and almost finished the front skirt.
Bought some BBS wheels today, some smoked rear lights and also a standard gti grille with a black badge.
The cars back in the garage tomorrow as it has a coolant leak :-( its leaking out the thermostat housing from when the water pump was changed. Its also not idling properly so going to try and change the inlet manifold gaskets and clean out the throttle body but havnt had the motivation to start that yet.

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #51 on: 25 April 2015, 17:19 »
Changed to smoked rear lights today, think red/smoke would look better but these were a bargain so...

Also put my BBS wheels on :-)

And got my GolfGTI sticker on too  :grin:

Offline Foreveryoungaus16v

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 25 April 2015, 18:37 »
Remove the other stickers and put the golfgti one across top of rear windscreen. Less is better when it comes to graphics :smiley:
« Last Edit: 25 April 2015, 18:43 by Foreveryoungaus16v »

KW V2, TEAM DYNAMICS PRO RACE 1.2, EIBACH ARBS, DS 2500 PADS, BLACK DIAMOND DISCS, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, CHIPPED ECU, VIBRA TECHNIC MOUNTS, JETEX DECAT,  FULLY POLYBUSHED
163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #53 on: 27 April 2015, 08:43 »
sometimes I agree, but I am way too addicted to stickering! I cant get enough of them! Give it the summer and the car will be covered in show stickers.... need to get myself a storage box or something for the boot so i can sticker that instead lol

Offline Foreveryoungaus16v

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 27 April 2015, 14:55 »
As long as your happy that's all that matters :cool:

KW V2, TEAM DYNAMICS PRO RACE 1.2, EIBACH ARBS, DS 2500 PADS, BLACK DIAMOND DISCS, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, CHIPPED ECU, VIBRA TECHNIC MOUNTS, JETEX DECAT,  FULLY POLYBUSHED
163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)

Offline th3_f15t

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 01 May 2015, 19:45 »
Every sticker is an additional 2bhp, we all know that! :whistle: Personally, those letters from "Golf GTI" on the back of your car need to be replaced with the original mk2 items:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golf-MK2-Genuine-VW-GOLF-GTI-Rear-Trunk-Boot-Badge-Emblem-Nos-/300992818995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3AGolf|Plat_Gen%3AMK+II&hash=item461491ef33

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-VOLKSWAGEN-REAR-BADGE-FOR-MK2-GOLF-GTI-POLO-PASSAT-JETTA-SCIROCCO-EURO-LOOK-/231534180942?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e8833a4e

Just think if you've gone to all that trouble for the body work, don't miss the little details. I like the rear smoked lights you're running, work well with the colour of your mk2. Considered swapping the engine for a mk3 GTI one instead, get a bit more economy, performance and reliability?

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #56 on: 06 May 2015, 10:34 »
thanks for the badge links, would def rather have original.
i think the mk2 is a better looking engine and would prefer to keep it standard, its had a top end rebuild when it had the high lift cam so it should be good for a while yet but if i ever need to change it i will bare that in mind

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #57 on: 15 May 2015, 14:38 »
So today I got to drive the mk2 again and take it off to a friend to fit my new suspension...
she is having a 40mm kit which will finally complete the MOT work so will book her in again in the next few weeks :-)
She drove beautifully over there, sounded amazing, put a massive smile on my face and reminded me again why im doing all this!  :grin:

Offline borax

• Not said much yet
« Reply #58 on: 15 May 2015, 16:27 »
which suspension kit you going for?, im looking at one for mine and dont want it too low, just abit. When the suspension is out change the top mounts, they only cost a few quid.

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #59 on: 16 May 2015, 19:12 »
Top Mounts were done last time it tried for MOT, so about 2 weeks ago so they are good.
Its a 40mm GMax Kit but is a few months old. made a real difference though, handled really well on the way home :-)
Onwards to the MOT after I get back from my Holiday next week!