Author Topic: Wet footwells  (Read 2944 times)

Offline greg1953

• Not said much yet
Wet footwells
« on: 30 October 2012, 20:09 »
2005 GTTDi 77,000 miles...whenever it rains the front footwells fill up with water, it's under warrranty and has been back to the dealers three times, the most recent trip two weeks ago and they claimed they have found the leaks, around the windscreen they reckon, I'm waiting for some rain to find out if it's fixed.
Has anyone had similar issues ? it doesn't have a sunroof and it's not coming in through the doors or pollen filter.
Greg

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Re: Wet footwells
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2012, 12:43 »
Have a look around for bulkhead grommets that look a bit dank. Could be seeping in there, can't remember where battery is on this, if it's under the scuttle panel near the bulk head see if there is a pond growing around/underneath it.

Any other issues, alarms, radio etc?

Offline greg1953

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2012, 12:55 »
Since my post it's been into a body shop, under warranty, and they claim to have found the leaks, around the windscreen, but as we've had no heavy rain as yet I'll have to wait to see if it's worked.
When I bought the car from Bristol Street Motors in Darlington they put a full test on it and informed me they had to change the screen as it had a large stone chip so maybe the guy who fitted it ballsed it up.
Greg

Offline greg1953

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2012, 17:01 »
Well, after the heavy rain of the last few days it looks like they've finally fixed the leak, footwells are dry.
All this caused by a poorly fitted replacement windscreen, fingers crossed it stays dry with the Winter coming up.
Greg

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2012, 21:09 »
Good news! Grommet replacement is right ballache.