Author Topic: VW UK Service Action 23H9 Injector Recall - 07 TDI 170 not covered?  (Read 4662 times)

Offline reserves

• GTI forum regular
Hi,

Trying to help out a friend here, he has a 2007 TDI 170 Golf, with the BMN engine.

He's called UK Customer service who says his car is NOT part of the recall???

He's had 2 faulty injectors already and as per here he should be able to get his injectors replaced under warranty:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=35276.45

Are there some specific cars which are not covered, are customer service wrong?

Thanks for the help, he's got another bad injector and was about to replace it today.

Rich

« Last Edit: 16 October 2012, 08:55 by reserves »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Its a widespread recall across the VAG group.

He should have had a letter from VOSA advising him to book his car in for a free check to certify if he requires replacement injectors.

Equally he should get back onto VW UK and reclaim the money he has already spent out!!

Offline reserves

• GTI forum regular
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is he phone 3 places yesterday (2 dealers and VW customer services) they all told him his car wasn't part of the recall.

That's why I'm asking if there is a possibility that his car is somehow not covered.

Are all 2007 170 TDI's Golfs covered  (i thought they were)?

Thanks again

Rich

Offline reserves

• GTI forum regular
Thinking about it I'm pretty sure his car is an import (from new) which I'm guessing why it's not showing on VW's computer as a recall.

Anyone know his position? Think he'll be calling VOSA today!

Rich

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
I would have thought the recall would be European wide  :undecided:

I'd get on the phone to VOSA.  I just had a quick search on their site but nothing is showing up  :undecided:

I had a letter through the other week saying to get my car booked in (A3) but I had them done 12 months ago  :grin: :grin: