Author Topic: Jetta MK5 - advice needed on putting on a bigger turbo.  (Read 7534 times)

Offline Crazy Dutch

• Not said much yet
  • GTI is the POWER!
Re: Jetta MK5 - advice needed on putting on a bigger turbo.
« Reply #10 on: 04 September 2012, 01:50 »
Remap it. Fit a free flowing exhaust. Full induction system. You should see 150bhp and 220lbft and that will be like a whole new car for you mate. And if you buy right, could cost less than a bag of sand.  :smiley: :smiley:

So what cost we are talking about in this scenario?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Jetta MK5 - advice needed on putting on a bigger turbo.
« Reply #11 on: 04 September 2012, 08:49 »
155 on a stock turbo?? That wont last very long....... :undecided:

Elaborate please. :)

How big is your budget??  As that will determine how far you can go......anythings possible with money!!

I wouldn't say I'm ready to fork out thousands straight away but could invest some money on regular basis.

Your peak BHP is achieved at approx 4200rpm; for the turbo to maintain that it will be working very hard.  The harder it works, the quicker it will fail.

Equally you need to remember that its not all about peak BHP; its about how the power is developed and delivered.  You want a car with a wide powerband as that makes for a quicker and more driveable car than one with a narrow powerband and peaky BHP

I'd collect the parts you need and fit them in one go as that way you'll save on labour costs (if not doing it yourself)

:smiley: