Author Topic: jase16gti - silver Leon 20v  (Read 14819 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
jase16gti - silver Leon 20v
« on: 11 August 2009, 14:17 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline jase16gti

• GTI forum regular
Re: jase16gti - silver Leon 20v
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2009, 21:36 »
since owning the leon the pennies have been up n down with me bein made redundant again :angry:
so since march it had a forge 007p d/v followed by k+N 57i induction kit, then came the milltek cat back zaust,and a boost gauge. that  was it!!
 then last thursday i got some ronal wheels off a 225 audi TT nice 17s with 3 descent tyres n 1 scrap so hAd 2 avon zv5 fitted 225 45 17.
today its had a bit of a clean, havin just bought the megs 3 stage kit. st1 paint cleaner is quite good doesnt feel that abrasive but did remove the scratches round door handles etc
stg 2 the polish, dont really see what this actually did :lol:
st3 the wax went on nice and now the car feels quite silkey!! but ideally needs claying.
i havnt done nothing with the black bits, purely cuz i havnt nothing to do them with n not sure what to use, any recommendations?? bareing in mind i might C/C them so dont really wana use silicon based crap
any some pics

and 1 totally std

what you reckon comments welcome

Offline jase16gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2009, 21:45 »
had a boost gauge f itted, i spikes at 12 psi and holds 9-10 psi stable, which im lead to believe is spot on, booked in at midlands vw on friday for a cambelt kit and water pump. i normally repair my cars myself but having driven french diesels for last 7-8 yrs dont fancy the job, lol

what other mods would you guys do nxt?? any opinions? or donesnt any body wana talk bout my leon!!

Offline jase16gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2009, 23:15 »
having spoke to jodey at wmvw iv got a dilema, should i get the weitec coilys or go for a  remap but then theres the who to do it, they can C/C it or P torque in wombourne or the R-tech guys
« Last Edit: 23 August 2009, 23:20 by jase16gti »

Offline jase16gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2009, 22:50 »
discision made!! im off to hinkley tomorrow afternoon
feel free to reply!

Offline jase16gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2009, 02:30 »
no map yet, boost pipe issue i chose to agree with both chris's and nicks advise.

Offline jase16gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2009, 23:57 »
im feeling bit silly at moment, topher pm'd cpl of days ago, didnt no ppl cant reply in this section, i wont ask for advise here again :embarassed:

Offline jase16gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 02 September 2009, 23:13 »
well iv had my remap done, spec1 gen3 R-tech jobby quite pleased although needs descent fuel(just in case you didnt no)
no power figures cuz of a cpl of diesel boys having trouble fitting decats and turbo cleaning. dont no your names? pm me if you wana be known lol
looking forward to the 19th for a R/R session and as iv just read some gen 4 tweeks hehe :evil:

Offline jase16gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 04 September 2009, 23:14 »
now then, i really want new suspension and we all no what the trade stands are like at shows. the dragon dont  wana go to edition38 on sunday, should i go on my own?my mates are either rice eatin mofo's or not into cars.

Offline jase16gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 09 September 2009, 23:34 »
couple of minor alterations,
sorted the boost gauge out, it now plumbed into inlet manifold, using the m6 hole that was already there just needed drilling out, thanks toph!! i used m6 grease nipple, removed the lip securing the spring and the tiny ball. any 1 else fancy doing this pm me! got plenty of nipples lol
 the 2nd new silicone breather, the rubber 1 was propa fooked! unfortunatly the plastic end wasnt very good n nearly broke off. so temperally taped it on.
i did take couple of pics but pc doesnt wana play nice n wont let me take them off my phone