Author Topic: Mk4 GTI 1.8T - How to go about converting to a track day car?  (Read 14757 times)

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
Re: Mk4 GTI 1.8T - How to go about converting to a track day car?
« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2011, 12:49 »
To be fair the entire vacuum system is easy and cheap to replace, TIP is somewhat pricey but can be picked up for a fair price.

With FMIC, this is not to expensive, considering how cheap piping kits are and you are still left with leftovers. Problem is people not beading! Buy a beading tool or take it to a machine shop.

I still don't understand how the mk4 is unreliable, mine has been abused non stop, plenty of people running k04's reliably. I have seen plenty off mk2 builds with nonstop problems due to the age off the vehicle, surely something newer and plenty off torque would proove better to an extent.

But safety first as DH said, "its not a case of when you will crash, but how soon you will crash", as a lot off track boys have said to me  :grin:

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline benjc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 22 October 2011, 21:50 »
Hi Ive done my mk4 1.8t biased around doing track days. imo its great, not to old to worry about having to replace everything due to age and lots of power. well enough for most track days.
Have you done any yet? Im hopefully going to do castle coombe on the 4th of nov through javelin. Best bit its only £99.00. which is pretty good.
See you there then Yeah??

Offline Procomp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 24 October 2011, 12:39 »
Won't be out this side of Christmas but would probably look at Castle Coombe in the new year, as it's not a million miles from me.

Hope you have a good one and make you get your line into the first corner right after that long long stragiht lol :)
Cheers
G

Offline bunj

• Not said much yet
  • www.bunjair.com
« Reply #13 on: 24 October 2011, 12:51 »
When you do the cambelt make sure you change the water pump, the originals are plastic impellers and can split on the shaft!!

Had mine changed and it was just starting to split along the shaft....

There is a company that do an all metal replacment, but I just used another original.

good luck on the transformation.

MK4 GTi 1.8T, Black magic, stage one Jabba, Forge Split, filter, sportex race pipe, lowered 25mm.

PS3 network: raebuns