Author Topic: exhaust mount/  (Read 1464 times)

Offline gm8

• I live here
exhaust mount/
« on: 14 February 2012, 16:47 »
Mine touches somewere strangely its mostly when I go round left handed corners or accelerate hard. Im led to believe that the prob lies in the centre exhaust mount under the gearbox area (this seems to be were the noise/vibrations come from. Any got any pics of this so I can see how best to tackle/bodge it lol

Offline gm8

• I live here
Re: exhaust mount/
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2012, 18:00 »
anyone ?

I plan on getting under the car tomorow , from what I have read it can be sorted with hoselips/clamps  ? anyone done this , any pics or advice ?

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2012, 18:24 »
I think the exhaust layouts maybe slightly different between the DERVs and you 1.8Ts peeps, BUT, my exhaust mount just before the cat snapped and was rattling around. The guys at the MOT garage just threw a couple of jubilee clips around it to hold it to the bracket, did the job that for sure  :smiley:

Offline Big Tone

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2012, 06:04 »
I think the exhaust layouts maybe slightly different between the DERVs and you 1.8Ts peeps, BUT, my exhaust mount just before the cat snapped and was rattling around. The guys at the MOT garage just threw a couple of jubilee clips around it to hold it to the bracket, did the job that for sure  :smiley:

+1

Two jubilees and a bit of rubber = sorted.

****FOR SALE**** 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax - 1.8T AUM, Stage 1 map, Lowered 35mm on Jamex Springs, Smoothed Airbox, Pipercross Panel, Forge 007P, N249 Bypass, Silicon Breather Hoses,Silicon Vac Hoses, Top Mounts & Bushes All Round, Catch Can Install,  New Discs and Pads All Round, A Big Sub, A SH*TLOAD of Polishing and A Thirst For V-POWER! Profile/msg for info!

Offline gm8

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2012, 10:02 »
cheers , any pics of how its done ? Am i securing ti to the bracket the goes underneath it ?

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2012, 12:25 »
cheers , any pics of how its done ? Am i securing ti to the bracket the goes underneath it ?

Sorry no pics  :sad:

Yes, secure to one that goes underneath it. Just wrap a couple of jubilees around it to the bracket and tighten it up so it doesn't move any more :smiley:

Offline gm8

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 February 2012, 13:07 »
got it , cheers :)