Author Topic: Dizzie - mk2 20v turbo  (Read 32883 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Dizzie - mk2 20v turbo
« on: 13 August 2004, 22:55 »
background:

Bought in Oct '01
8 previous owners
140k on the clock

mods before I owned it:
repspray, a few interior mods, lowered, blue rear lights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUTURE PLANS:
Engine
bottom end rebored to 1870cc complete with ceramic crown coated pistons and cryo treated rods lowering the cr to 8.9:1. Turbo changed for a larger K04 item hopefully running 1.5bar of boost. Bigger injectors. 4 bar fuel pressure regulator. DTA E48EXP engine management. Complete custom powerflow exhaust system with 3" downpipe into 2.5" system finishing in a single 3.5" pipe. Quikshift air filter. Samco hoses throughout. the 5th cog ratios hopefully changed to give higher top end. Possibly change the rad to a G60 item with a mocal 19 row oil cooler too. All smiles water, PAS and coolent alloy tanks installed. Should develop 270-300bhp with 320 ft/lb of torque.

bodywork
New front and rear big bumpers, completely smoothed out and colour coded, towing eye removed on rear. G60 arch and skirt set, colour coded, new n/s wing, new rear wings, TT (or like) filler cap, Engine bay to be semi smoothed, un-needed holes filled. Slam panel colour coded with holes removed. scuttle to be cleaned up. hole left by single wiper filled. Boot to be fitted with CL glass, splinth removed and smoothed, remote opening to be fitted, wiper removed. Complete respray in the same colour. Wheels refurbished, possibly resprayed slightly darker.

Interior
Maybe retrim the seats and door cards, maybe. Refit the mk3 dash more snug. Stack 8130W gauge to be fitted. All smiles alloy gear shifted fitted. windows wired up to indash switch. minor electrical things fixed. 17cm speakers fitted in front. a nice twin sub boot layout installed. Battery relocated to in spare wheel bay.

Other
305mm Brembo 4 pot setup on front. Braided hoses throughout. mk4 rear calipers in red to match fronts. Koni and Eibach setup installed with -70/80mm drop. All smiles Strut brace under bonnet. All smiles scuttle panel.

Ah, we can all dream.  :grin:
« Last Edit: 23 January 2005, 01:45 by Dizzie »
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
Re: Dizzie - mk2 20v turbo
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2004, 18:14 »
Spec: (as of Aug '04)

Interior : Mk3 Dash conversion, Mk3 heater matrix, Electric Recaro reclining seats, boost gauge mounted next to headunit on dash, mk4 cab switches thoughout (light up red), Momo race steering wheel with raid boss, momo gear knob, leather gear gaiter, sparco pedal covers, later style door pockets with custom pods to take a 17cm speaker, blue neon lit white dials, mk3 indicator and washer stalks, Golf GTi sil guards, mint door cards all round, leccy windows, leccy/heated mirrors.?

Exterior : 1987 Mk2 Golf GTi three-door bodyshell repainted in aqua metalic, 17"x7 Kahn RSR wheels with 205/40/17 Toyo Proxies T-1s tyres (rear) Yokie A539 tyres (front), Monroe shocks with -60mm 16v Raceland springs, G60 front brakes, 280mm drilled front discs, 239mm drilled rear discs, G60 running gear, colour-coded electric wing mirrors, 4 bar single lamp grille with crystal clear lights and blue headlights, crystal front and side indicators with chrome bulbs, crystal / red rear lights with chrome bumbs, big bumpers fitted all round, later style '90 spec doors with side rubbing strips removed, T4 vented wing, rear five door handles on both doors with armour plates for added security, gas bonnet struts, rear wiper lay down, 16v ariel relocated to roof, original ariel hole removed and smoothed over, de-badged and smoothed, chromed door locks, chrome door pins, chrome boot lock, chrome boot pin, Rolled arches.

I.C.E. : Kenwood KDC-PS9524 MASK MP3 headunit (4x50w), Alpine? SPR176A 17cm Components in front doors with tweeters mounted on dash and door cards (50w), Kenwood KFC-HQ698 6x9's (75w) on shelf, Genesis ST100 amp (bridged @ 290w) running JL 10w3 sub (300w) in homemade fibreglass box mounted behind the wheel arch in the boot, 4 gauge wiring. *

Engine : 1781cc 20v four-cylinder engine from a Audi 180bhp TT, engine code AUQ, Varible Valve Timing, RPM KKK-K03 sport turbo, Forge fast road polished dump valve, Custom boost pipe, Large front mounted intercooler, JR polished air filter, polished fuel rail, MK3 16v golf cable change gearbox, G60 rear engine mount, G60 driveshafts, G60 hubs, 120amp alternator, Powerflow Custom 2.5" down pipe into Bosil exhaust system with standard twin pipes on back, All loom hidden, Polished rocker cover, polished throttle body, VR6 throttle cable, VAG management. Power (guess): 210bhp Boost: 12/10psi (peak/constant)

* - All figures are true RMS
« Last Edit: 26 August 2004, 00:24 by Dizzie »
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2004, 13:23 »
Update:
(16th August 2004)

Installed mk3 stalks. Everything works including the column mounted hazard switch. This wasn't as simple as bolting them onto a '90 spec car. I had to solder on all the new plugs and change the ignition barrel.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2004, 10:39 »
17th August 2004

Continued making my sub enclosure that will fit behind the wheel arch. most of the top and back. just tried it back in the boot and it fits well snug. Once the ouside is done I'll do the inside and cover it with dynamat to aid accostics. Hopefully my 10" sub will be right at home in there.

Found out after driving to work I've done the steering column up a bit tight so the steering is really stiff. will sort soon.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 19 August 2004, 17:24 »
19th August 2004

Fitted blue undercar neons. (boo hiss - all). Also did some more work to my sub enclosure. it's almost done now. just need to seal the edges and fill the inside with dynamat.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2004, 19:23 »
22th August 2004

had a small water leak for a while now. decided to try and sort it out, but got bored so put it all back together again. turned the MAF sensor upside down purely to hide the plug and connected up the vvt that haddn't been connected since I had the engine installed. it now seems to have alot more top end power than better. maybe it does do something after all.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 26 August 2004, 00:07 »
August 25th 2004

Finally finished my stealthed box. It had a few tiny rattles so I covered the inside with dynamat and overlapped it in some places. I tested it at a set volume and again after I'd applied the dynamat. the volume doubled! the sound isn't like the 12's I've been use to previously, but it's good enough. The sound in the stealth box isn't as good as I want so I'll be building a MDF box soon.  ::)

also waxed it and cleaned the windows aswell as fitted my un-molested rear quarter panels.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 29 August 2004, 23:41 »
28th August 2004

my header/expansion tank finally gave up the ghost. it'd been leaking water for a few weeks now and yesterday after caning it back from work I noticed more than the usual drops of water under the car. a quick phone call later and a tear up to the scrapper landed me a tank off a mk3 16v. hopefully this will stand the pressure better now I'm running the 20v. The mk3's tank fits slightly different to my old one so some small L shaped brackets to mount it to the susspension tower. After those were in place I connected up the water hoses and soldered on the new plug. Once again the mk3's wires being the same colour as the loved mk2's. thanks VW.

no leaks... yet. I'm leaving it a few days just to make sure there aren't anymore leaks and then I'll pop some antifreeze in.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2004, 12:50 »
23rd September 2004

Since moving and being jobless once again I haven't had any money to buy anything just yet, but I did get a job today so hopefully I'll be getting some more things done now. Anyway. I thought I'd invade my thread with a pics of the girl.

Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2004, 18:52 »
4th October 2004

I lost one of my plastic arches on the back while the car was loaded up with all my things and as we were on the dual carriage way we couldn't stop and pick it up.

g0ldf1sh, a kind soul, donated his old 90 spec arches so I can replace all 4 and all on the skirts I bought a couple of months ago. hopefully it'll look a bit lower thanks to them. I spent last night thoroughly caking them in back to black so when they're put on the car they should tidy my 'neglected' look up. Just waiting for the other 2 and I'll get some sticky stuff to attach them.
Mk4 Golf 150PD