Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529962 times)

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #770 on: 30 September 2016, 21:29 »
Gave it a quick swill with some jif, scouring pad and an old pair of pants !!

Stunning! Think Lapiz is my favourite golf colour, except for Tornado Red of course :laugh:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #771 on: 01 October 2016, 09:57 »
Gave it a quick swill with some jif, scouring pad and an old pair of pants !!

Thats an absolutly stunning picture.
If it wasnt raining id be cleaning the mk2 off and putting it up

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #772 on: 01 October 2016, 12:23 »

I need to clean my Mk2 ready for hibernation, but breaking my arm earlier this week has buggered that idea.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #773 on: 01 October 2016, 12:34 »

I need to clean my Mk2 ready for hibernation, but breaking my arm earlier this week has buggered that idea.

Oh no!  How did you do that Simon?  Anyone you can get to clean it for you?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #774 on: 01 October 2016, 12:35 »
Washed it in the rain and then the hail came, so detailing cut short but at least it was clannish for a couple of minutes. Few crap pics of it in the rain:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #775 on: 01 October 2016, 13:42 »

Thats never good. Id put mine away but with only a drive, I might aswell just keep driving it for the smile

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #776 on: 01 October 2016, 18:44 »

[/quote]

I came off my bike...in Surrey. I have a job in Oxted, so thought I'd take the opportunity to get a ride in that included Box Hill. I didn't quite make it tho', the front wheel slipped as I tried to hop over a kerb and over I went. The bike is fine, except for some ripped bar tape.

I wouldn't want anyone else to clean my Golf. It's in my parents garage now, so if it doesn't get cleaned, it just won't get the cover put on it, so will get dusty, that's all.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #777 on: 01 October 2016, 18:57 »

I came off my bike...in Surrey. I have a job in Oxted, so thought I'd take the opportunity to get a ride in that included Box Hill. I didn't quite make it tho', the front wheel slipped as I tried to hop over a kerb and over I went. The bike is fine, except for some ripped bar tape.

I wouldn't want anyone else to clean my Golf. It's in my parents garage now, so if it doesn't get cleaned, it just won't get the cover put on it, so will get dusty, that's all.
[/quote]

Ouch :shocked: Hope it heals quickly for you dubber and isn't painful :smiley: Box Hill is rather lovely though and a great place for running and cycling, here's hoping you are back to it soon! (Oh, and car cleaning of course).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #778 on: 01 October 2016, 19:14 »

Sorry to hear that Simon.  Hope it's a straightforward break.  Frustrating not just from the car cleaning but more from the cycling perspective.  Guess you'll be laid off it for a few weeks.  Can you do a bit in a turbo trainer instead just to keep the fitness up?  Should be easier to keep your arm fairly still.

Sure the mk2 will be fine with a layer of dust until you can give it a clean when your arm is healed.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #779 on: 03 October 2016, 08:06 »
I snapped my radius clean through, now have a plate and screws holding it together.

I went out and bought a turbo so can at least keep my legs going.