Author Topic: joesgti - black GTI  (Read 53397 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
joesgti - black GTI
« on: 12 February 2008, 13:26 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline joesgti

• I live here
Re: joesgti - black GTI
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2008, 14:54 »
Cheers JV  :smiley:

Right, ive had my gti for about 4 months and was totally standard when i baught it.

it came from JCT600 in bradford and has NO EXTRAS and is a MANUAL :evil: (all them extras just weigh it down anyways :grin:)

with in the first week i had it lowered just on springs by 20mm as i couldnt afford coilovers at the time, (coilovers are now on order from awesome gti  :evil:)

my car also came with 17" monza's which do not do ANY car ANY favours so i bought some cheap audi 18" (pic below)

^^also with the springs on,

after the alloys i had a re map and noticed a massive difference in torque taking the car from std 200bhp to around 255bhp. :evil:

after the remap i got a carbonio filter from awesome, which was a pain to fit as the front would not go in the std intake hole. so i used screws and screwed it in best i could. (pics below)

after this system was installed i could instantly tell the difference, normally aftermarket filters are all mouth and no go but this is the opposite, i can still hear a slight induction roar but the feeling of the car changed and is able to breath alot more freely and honestly feels quicker!! :smiley:

anyway a week after fitting this......my brother reversed into the side of my car so it was in the body shop for a week :cry:

after my brother had a seriously dead arm my car was out and i want to spend more money on it so off with the audi wheels and on with some BBS RS-GT's laced in goodyear eagle f1's :drool: (orderd from road and stage motorsport morecambe (RSM))
went to pick them up, opened the box, and to my shok they had RED CENTERS!! :sick:

NOW THIS IS BECOMING A REAL PROBLEM!!! :angry: i need some 65mm BLACK bbs centers and i cant find any ANYWHERE (pm me if anybody finds any :cry:)  i even baught some self ad ones and stuck them over the red ones........washed my car at weekend and they fell straight off!!!

i also purchased a forge DV valve from gazbutmk5gti second hand for 90pounds which i thought was reasonable and was like new with hauses already cut to the crrect length, i dont have any pics of this because its far too hard to get to and took me 4 1/2 hours to fit :sad:.

i also picked up some eibach anti roll bars of fleebay for 70pounds which is the bargin of the century :drool:

next mods include
1. BLACK CENTER CAPS!!!!!!!!!! are a must
2. fitting the anti rolls fitted
3. fitting the eibach coilovers that are on order with awesome. (same time as roll bars) fitted
4. R32/ED30 rear lights (smoked)
5. OSIR front splitter with carbon insert.
6. OSIR side skirts
7. OSIR rear carbon "exhaust" spoiler (mk5 boys know what i mean  :grin: :grin:)
8. OSIR turbo boost gauge
9. tinted windows
10. german plates on order fitted
11. led drl's in the light unit
12. black VW badges (front and back)

so thats it for the moment, ill update after i get back from america in 2 weeks when the new susspension is fitted :smiley: and hopefully balck centers :angry: :tongue:
 :smiley:

« Last Edit: 20 March 2008, 11:39 by joesgti »

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2008, 15:13 »
just thought id post a close up of the wheels  :smiley:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 February 2008, 12:54 »
small update, i have the coilovers on now and am waiting for them to bed in abit then it will need re-aligning.

BBS centers are a pain in the ass, i baught some 68mm ones and am half way through sanding them down so they fit, then a bit of glue :evil:

next mods this month are german plates reading YD05-CUK and blue strip with GB in. also looking into the osir boost gauge, looks mint because it sits in the airvent  :cool:

pics to follow once beded in and centers and plates are on  :drool:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2008, 13:44 »
some pics with the new coilovers on.

it took a while to get the right ride height and also removing a screw in each front arch stopped scrubbing, just undo the screw in the inside of the arch at the top, unscrew and tuck the plastic inner behind where the screw would go  :huh: hard to explain  :rolleyes:

also my new plates arrived today.

they look like this

im still looking for some black centers aswell  :cry:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2008, 13:36 »
on the car...... :smiley:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 March 2008, 11:37 »
well i got my OSIR boost gauge installed. ordered it from TTshop, there good guys and it came a week later  :smiley:

its running about 17psi at full boost which is about 1.2 bar so im happy with that, full power till about 6100rpm and then tailes off slightly. Any way heres some pics  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 20 March 2008, 11:46 by joesgti »

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 April 2008, 10:59 »
WHOOOO my open slot grills just came from fischermotorsport.com lots of people have baught these as they are a reasonably cheap mod and look far better than the filled in ones. also they take about 45 seconds to fit each side  :laugh: just 2 screws (1 on each) pull out and click in the new one, then screw the screws back in EASY!!  :smiley:

WATCH THIS SPACE AS LOTS ARE HAPPENING OVER THE NEXT MONTH OR SO  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 07 April 2008, 11:37 »
small update,

went to awesome at weekend on the RR day and ran 201bhp so there was somthing very wrong, also sounded like boost was leaking. so its booked in for tuesday the 15th for full check over and to sort the problem. also im lowering the coilovers more and getting them perfect whilst im there. oh and a torque arm will be fitted aswell  :smiley:

GTI MK5

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2008, 16:55 »
small update, well i went down to awesome and there was a problem as i suspected!! :rolleyes: i had fitted my own diverter valve and mounted the solenoid in the wrong place which had caused some piping to split!! :shocked: anyway they changes the pipes and levelled out the coilovers (about 1mm arch from tyre :evil:) also no scrubbing!! :wink:

so when i went down it was running 10psi boost from my gauge, its now running 18psi which is 80% increase, i was loosing 8psi from my faulty pipes  :embarassed:!! :shocked: :shocked: so it still ran 201bhp with half the boost, i cant wait to see what shes running now. im guessing between 260-275bhp :tongue:

GTI MK5