Author Topic: BP drive in car wash any good?  (Read 5263 times)

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: BP drive in car wash any good?
« Reply #10 on: 05 October 2009, 00:49 »
ACTUALLY,  there was a massive brand new BP built near me a while ago, and its car wash is amazing coz its never been used!! Not so great now though, but still  :grin:

amazing at what? scratching cars... fact is a mechanised car wash will never be any good for a cars paintwork

True and niether will the dudes who walk round the super market car parks and ask if you would like your car washed, I mean scratched by a sponge full of gravel  :rolleyes:

100%correct :wink:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline nogrille

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 05 October 2009, 12:43 »
put it this way, try it for yourself, then let one of us fix the damage for you  :grin:

Offline jasonwinslow

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 05 October 2009, 20:16 »
You will regret it!!!

Offline pauld_88

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 07 October 2009, 22:15 »
no no nooooo u all completly dont understand this is a new garage the car wash is mental never seen anything like it it doesnt have rotating piles of grit there wierd micro fibre feelers only offering out free car washes to us and a few mechanics in the area to try an get publicity on this new design of wash i would never harm my paint work i dont even like using a jetwash unless i HAVE to but this looks a bit trust worthy i saw a show spec nissan gt-R go through on saturday and its done an amazing job!
www.m25dubs.com
Golf Mk3 GTI 8v - sold
Audi a4 1.8t QUATTRO (B6)

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #14 on: 07 October 2009, 22:44 »
 :shocked: :shocked: car wash nooooooo!! imo car washes should be banned there for lazy barstewards who dont give a fcuk about their car/paintwork i look in horror when i see brand new cars being used by them  :cry:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline pauld_88

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 09 October 2009, 01:50 »
run it through there today after seeing a few cars go through and its amazing hasnt scratched scuffed or missed a spot of the car must say im suprised but it is a brand new machine with different gadgets to clean the car its amazing took a bit longer then normal but its clean waxed buffed id say done a better job then most people could by hand definatly would recommend it completly changed the way i see car wash's

proof is in the pictures if anyone doesnt belive me ill post up pictures only downside is car wash didnt bumper protect the plastic trims but that was a 5 minute job afterwards and looks immaculate at the moment just need to sort out front n/s wing due to a dippy woman deciding to reverse into my parked car at my workplace!!!! :angry:

obviously going to hand wash every other time from now and as i did before but was worth trying the machine out seeing as it was for free. even watched the car wash clean itself after each wash getting all the crap out of microfibre cloth/roller thing ive never seen a car wash like it!!
« Last Edit: 09 October 2009, 01:54 by pauld_88 »
www.m25dubs.com
Golf Mk3 GTI 8v - sold
Audi a4 1.8t QUATTRO (B6)

Offline nogrille

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 13 October 2009, 11:37 »
IF what you say is true, and it all sounds too good to be true IMO, then I suspect the "wax" part is simply masking the damage it's done.  Like when you get a car from a dealer - it looks "mint" but it's buried in "dealer prep", which is simply hiding the swirls.

Offline Sonic2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 13 October 2009, 16:05 »
Is it worth the risk, even if it is a free wash?

Took mine to somewhere similar, it scratched up the wing.

Naturally, I was really happy, not.

Do you want people saying told you so when the same thing happens to you?

Not having a rant, just stating the facts.... Scratches can, and will happen to anyone.