Author Topic: Autohaus Dolby, Sheffield  (Read 3277 times)

Offline 007.james.blonde

• Just got here
Autohaus Dolby, Sheffield
« on: 12 March 2012, 17:45 »
I cannot recommend Autohaus Dolby any more highly. Matt has such a depth of knowledge, and a very clear passion for VAG machinery, especially the older varieties. I dropped my 1992 mk2 GTI 8v to get some routine servicing and some small parts put on. Not only did he do the work I asked, he also investigated other issues that he came across. He looked into the blow in the exhaust, the slapping of the exhaust on the back axle, the dodgy repair job done by the previous owner on the spark plug thread on one cylinder, and (the most impressive bit) found a possible issue with the gearbox.

Not only did he notice, investigate and report the issues, he also explained very clearly my options and which of those he would recommend I do. This was without doubt the most comprehensive visit I have ever had the pleasure of making to a mechanic.

Address: Unit 6,
Century Street Industrial Estate, Century Street,
Sheffield,
South Yorkshire
S9 5DX

Tel: 0114 2446589

Also, I was in China while my car was being looked after; my stay was extended by 5 days. I asked Matt if he could hold onto the car for the extra days, he simply said "no problem". Trust me, you will not be sorry if you visit.

James.

Offline tony_ack

• I live here
Re: Autohaus Dolby, Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2012, 21:48 »
Seconded - the missus took her MK2 16v in for a water pump a couple of weeks ago, and it came out purring. He also spent some time looking over the 8v GTI I'd just bought that I'd dropped her off in, to see whether the engine was okay, and gave advice about the heavy breathing, tyres and rust amongst other things.
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Autohaus Dolby, Sheffield
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2012, 13:44 »
I've used Matt for years...

What he don't know about MK2's isn't worth knowing...

Top Guy!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!