Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529606 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #430 on: 22 March 2016, 21:45 »
I took my pictures with an iPhone 6 plus purely for convenience. They were ok for what they were.
After advice from Rebecca, using flikr was quite easy so I hope to post many pictures in the future.
There was a brand new black R waiting for collection when I was at the dealers yesterday and it looked awesome!
Just needed a couple of hours in Booth11's detailing parlour to preen it to perfection  :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #431 on: 22 March 2016, 22:20 »
I like looking at the clean and shiny cars. And occasionally some of the dirty ones :lipsrsealed:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #432 on: 22 March 2016, 23:23 »
I better get some of the mk2 once it's had its full post winter detail. Since you lot are getting bored of mk7s ;)

Yeah come on Waspy we need you!  Nice to have you back. Did you have change of career in the end?

Nice to be back, but with my mind back on the car my wallet is emptying fast again! :grin:

Yep, my accountancy days are behind me! Although the skills are still being put to use in a new business venture  :nerd:

You still had the mk6 last time I was here, does your mk7 have its own thread, need to see it!
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #433 on: 23 March 2016, 07:23 »
I took my pictures with an iPhone 6 plus purely for convenience. They were ok for what they were.
After advice from Rebecca, using flikr was quite easy so I hope to post many pictures in the future.
There was a brand new black R waiting for collection when I was at the dealers yesterday and it looked awesome!
Just needed a couple of hours in Booth11's detailing parlour to preen it to perfection  :smiley:

I saw a DBP one of the road today, but it was just as dirty as mine.  Phew!   :laugh:

:
I like looking at the clean and shiny cars. And occasionally some of the dirty ones :lipsrsealed:

Lol.  Pervert.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #434 on: 23 March 2016, 07:26 »
I better get some of the mk2 once it's had its full post winter detail. Since you lot are getting bored of mk7s ;)

Yeah come on Waspy we need you!  Nice to have you back. Did you have change of career in the end?

Nice to be back, but with my mind back on the car my wallet is emptying fast again! :grin:

Yep, my accountancy days are behind me! Although the skills are still being put to use in a new business venture  :nerd:

You still had the mk6 last time I was here, does your mk7 have its own thread, need to see it!

That's good to hear, hope your new venture is going well. 👍

The Mk6 went to a great home - sold to a member on here.  :smiley:

I do have a thread, started when I first got the R and a record of the few mini mods I've done to it.  Am hoping to post a 6 month in review if I can find the time!  It's few pages long now, so if you are ever having trouble sleeping........

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=275792.0
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #435 on: 23 March 2016, 08:10 »

I'll add to that with mine at some point. That's if I can remember where I left it in October.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #436 on: 23 March 2016, 22:07 »
Not detailing as such but I have been slowly restocking my detailing goodies

Got a set of Wo-Wo microfibre cloths
Fine wire wool for sprucing up my exhausts
OCD Cow Food leather cleaner and armour

Sadly the weekend looks like being a bit of a wash out  :sad:

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #437 on: 23 March 2016, 22:28 »
My super high gloss wax came. Harder to work with than the autoglym resin but good results. Bought a chamois leather for speeding up the drying process and 2 microfibre pads to put the polish on with....Oh and Unilevers been on the phone sales of FAIRY LIQUID are down!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #438 on: 24 March 2016, 08:11 »
Bought a chamois leather for speeding up the drying process

... and inducing swirls.

Use it on your house windows and buy a proper drying towel for the car.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #439 on: 24 March 2016, 08:56 »
My super high gloss wax came. Harder to work with than the autoglym resin but good results. Bought a chamois leather for speeding up the drying process and 2 microfibre pads to put the polish on with....Oh and Unilevers been on the phone sales of FAIRY LIQUID are down!

Bought a chamois leather for speeding up the drying process

... and inducing swirls.

Use it on your house windows and buy a proper drying towel for the car.

Ditching the fairy liquid is a step in the right direction, but using a chamois is 2 steps back.  As Simon (dubber) says it's a sure fire way to put some swirls on your car.  Get a WoWo Microfibre drying towel with 20% forum discount or better still go for the WoWo Easter bundle offer which is a fantastic set of:

Drying towel
4 Mf cloths 1 glass cloth set (wowo ad has it other way round which is wrong)
Lambswool wash mitt

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=277293.0

Then you'll be well set up.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual