Author Topic: Returning to the fold GTD on order  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Macleesh

• Not said much yet
Returning to the fold GTD on order
« on: 08 July 2017, 19:27 »
Hello everyone,

After an unfulfilling dalliance with a 5 series tourer I'm very happy to be returning to Golf ownership. Previously had a Mk 4 GT TDI. New car is a GTD 5 door in pure White. Added 19" Breccias, sunroof, heated windscreen and voice activation. Just waiting for a build date. Very excited, had a really good long test drive but was sold pretty quickly.

This seems to be the most active forum for Mk 7s? Have spent last few days reading old posts. Lots of info to digest.

Sean

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
Re: Returning to the fold GTD on order
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2017, 20:59 »
Welcome back.

Question for you, what problem did you have with the 5 Tourer? I am thinking of buying one of those you see.

I have a MK4 Golf which is going to need some money spent on it to get me much past 200k miles.
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline Macleesh

• Not said much yet
Re: Returning to the fold GTD on order
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2017, 08:05 »
My 5 series is the 525d 2.0 twin turbo M sport. It was a dealer demonstrator with epic spec. It was my plan to keep it a long time. Lovely car to look at and be in, economical and quick. However it has been plagued with faults to the point I no longer have confidence in it.
Connected drive- didn't work initially, took dealer 3 attempts to fix it, I got the impression dealer just didn't understand how it worked.
EGR valve- been changed twice, first failure stranded me when taking 3 bridesmaids to a wedding. 1st car to actually break down on me since a £200 Metro 20 years ago. Changed again after logging faults at last service.
Shock absorber changed early on due to failure.
Rear air spring burst.
Premature wear of rear tires due to (in spec) rear camber.
Recalled twice.
Final straw was taking it for second MOT to find the diff had an oil leak and despite FSH and it not quite being 4 yes old BMW were not interested in even considering contributing to repair.

All in all not the premium product they would have you believe.

Sean