Author Topic: Bear Car Care  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Ell1207

• Not said much yet
Bear Car Care
« on: 16 April 2021, 17:43 »
Hi all,

I am a bit of an amateur when it comes to detailing.

I have a new Clubby on order so want to get the best in terms of range and quality from a detailing manufacturer. I would rather stick with one brand than mix n match.

A friend recommended these - https://bearcarcare.co.uk/

I have never heard of them! I am predominantly an Autoglym guy.

What are your thoughts? 🤔
« Last Edit: 16 April 2021, 17:46 by Ell1207 »

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
Re: Bear Car Care
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2021, 18:08 »
Good to see another face in the Detailing forum!

I have never used them and so can't comment on their products. 

I checked on the four main sites I use for buying stuff - Slim's Detailing, Clean Your Car, In2Detailing & Ultimate Finish - and the company is not listed in the 'Shop By Brand' section of any of the four, so they're either a very new company and aren't established yet, or they're not a new company but still not established yet.

To be honest, you're likely going to find difficulty in using a single brand and having a full shelf of excellent-to-good products.  Will you find one brand that will give you a couple of excellent products and the rest average products?  Sure. 

I, myself like to research individual products for specific jobs and find the one that suits me and my car for that particular job.

That said, if I had to pick one particular brand to have all my products from, I would probably choose AngelWax or possibly Auto Finesse.  Mainly because they both have products that I couldn't live without but also because the 'rest' of their stuff is also above average.  AngelWax is stocked on all four of the above sites.  Auto Finesse on three.

*Edit* - Another thing to consider is what kind of protection you're going to use on the car and how it's used.  Is it a daily driver?  If yes, you may want to spend the money to have it ceramic coated.  If not and the car is more of a 'weekend' car or a garage queen, or if you just enjoy the activity of applying sealants or waxes every couple of months, then you will be able to use certain products that should not be used on ceramic coated cars.  These things will then dictate which products you will need.
« Last Edit: 16 April 2021, 18:18 by Brocky_ »
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Ell1207

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2021, 18:15 »
Hi Brocky,

That’s great info, I will certainly check those sites out.

👍

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2021, 18:19 »
Hi Brocky,

That’s great info, I will certainly check those sites out.

👍
No problem.  I also added an edit to my post but you got back too quickly for me!  :smiley:
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2021, 18:40 »
Never heard of them and the contact us page is just an email address, not very convincing!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity