Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2774017 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9410 on: 23 April 2019, 21:55 »
You will see a lot better benefits with the turbo muffler delete and a a good aftermarket filter R600 or Apr Ie variant.  :smiley:

Thanks Jdm, have you done that yourself then? I was considering the turbo muffler delete but comments on other sites seemed to say it was purely a noise change rather than performance. Plus as mine isn't mapped, I didn't think an intake box would make any difference. As for the filters, one thing that would concern me would be extra wear on the turbo of more particles passing through the filter that a standard element would stop. I'd be interested in your views if you have first hand experience. :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9411 on: 24 April 2019, 11:12 »

Just bought a set of Borbet FF1 wheels in Dark Titan.  Usual pre clean with Bilberry wheel cleaner and Tardis followed by a coat of C5 Wheel Armour now leaving overnight to dry.
Only problem being is that the centre cap diameter is smaller on the Borbet than the standard VW cap and I would much prefer the VW badge. Just wondered on the best way to get over this?

Look forward to some pictures of these when you get them on as there are a great looking wheel and very OEM.

Have you gone for 18s? Surely you'll be able to source a smaller dia centre cap?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9412 on: 24 April 2019, 16:59 »

Just bought a set of Borbet FF1 wheels in Dark Titan.  Usual pre clean with Bilberry wheel cleaner and Tardis followed by a coat of C5 Wheel Armour now leaving overnight to dry.
Only problem being is that the centre cap diameter is smaller on the Borbet than the standard VW cap and I would much prefer the VW badge. Just wondered on the best way to get over this?

Look forward to some pictures of these when you get them on as there are a great looking wheel and very OEM.

Yes 18'' wheels with the Mitchelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres.
Really like the wheels but I must admit to be struggling finding a suitable cap to fit the centre bore. There's hundreds of combinations on ebay but I cant match the cap diameter to the fixing lug arrangement needed.
For anyone needing decal stickers there's a company in Preston who all the UK wheel suppliers seem to recommend -  company called Dash Dynamics 01995 606158 so will likely give them a go for the VW sticker if I cant find a suitable ready made cap with the VW logo.

Have you gone for 18s? Surely you'll be able to source a smaller dia centre cap?

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9413 on: 25 April 2019, 13:38 »

Have a look at the cap from a 2016 Polo Bluemotion, same as mk7 golf only smaller diameter.
 We have one at the moment, once the car comes back here  from paint shop I will snap a pic and post.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9414 on: 25 April 2019, 16:10 »

Have a look at the cap from a 2016 Polo Bluemotion, same as mk7 golf only smaller diameter.
 We have one at the moment, once the car comes back here  from paint shop I will snap a pic and post.

Thanks, if you could take a few dims it would be much appreciated. For a snug fit on the Borbet wheel it would be 56mm diam overall on the face and 52mm across the connection lugs (back side).  These dims have been taken off the Borbet center caps sent with the wheels.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9415 on: 25 April 2019, 17:55 »
A quick maintenance wash today, got rid of all that dirty red dust. Going away in the car on holiday on Saturday and I like to start a journey with a clean car... We'll be staying in a small coastal village in Yorkshire (after a weekend at the in-laws in Blackpool :rolleyes:) so the chances of it staying clean and bird poo free is minimal :sad:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9416 on: 26 April 2019, 11:19 »

Thanks, if you could take a few dims it would be much appreciated. For a snug fit on the Borbet wheel it would be 56mm diam overall on the face and 52mm across the connection lugs (back side).  These dims have been taken off the Borbet center caps sent with the wheels.

I sent an email to Borbet yesterday asking for info on the Hub Centre Cap arrangement and their email response today is that they actually make wheels direct for VW and that the VW part number for the FF1 wheel is - 6C0.601.171.  Will be ordering today at RPS.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #9417 on: 26 April 2019, 13:54 »
Removed my Maxton Spoiler, it was starting to lift and I've fallen out of love with it too. Going to see how i feel and will either re-fit or sell on. It's a shame nobody makes a nice fitting spoiler for the estate.  :sad:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline NewbieGTIP

• Not said much yet
  • If it ain’t broke..... it probably soon will be.
« Reply #9418 on: 27 April 2019, 14:52 »
Got mine back from OCD detailing after a level 2 detail-

24 hour bp service stations
#330 Gti Clubsport.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #9419 on: 29 April 2019, 09:58 »
Edit
« Last Edit: 14 June 2019, 14:46 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.