Author Topic: New Polo GTI  (Read 4305 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
New Polo GTI
« on: 16 June 2017, 10:46 »
Press release extract:

Polo GTI. Rounding out the model range at the top, as already noted, is the new Polo GTI. This sporty top model will now be powered by a 2.0-litre TSI with an output of 147 kW / 200 PS (previous model: 1.8 TSI with 141 kW / 192 PS). Matching the engine’s high output are the standard sport chassis and the optional Sport Select chassis. At the front, this most powerful Polo stands out by virtue of such features as a specially designed bumper with integrated spoiler lip and fog lights as standard. Typical GTI insignia at the front include the red stripe on the radiator grille, honeycomb air vent screens and, of course, the GTI badge. An exclusive feature offered in the GTI: optional LED headlights with a red winglet; stylistically they are extensions of the red stripe of the radiator grille. At the rear, the Polo GTI sports a large roof spoiler in high-gloss black (underside: black matt), a diffuser in the bumper, GTI-specific dual tailpipes (left side), LED tail lights and, again, the GTI badge. On the sides, GTI characteristics include standard 17-inch alloy wheels (18-inch optional), side sill extensions and brake calipers that are painted red. In the interior, the 200-PS Polo also offers unique characteristics that are typical of a GTI. They include top sport seats with the legendary 'Clark' tartan pattern, a multifunction leather-trimmed sport steering wheel with red stitching, rooflining and roof pillars in black and a GTI gear shift grip. Also included as standard: ambient lighting.

Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: New Polo GTI
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2017, 13:25 »
I like it! VW's typically evolutionary approach to new models rather than a radically different design.

I read on one of the motoring websites (can't remember which one) that the new Polo is close in size to the mk4 Golf so it's certainly grown in size over the years. Interesting that VW have retained a conventional handbrake rather than moving to an electric parking brake. Also good to see that the infotainment screen is at a more sensible height above the centre air vents rather than below them, so easier to see and use.

It'll be on my list when the time comes to replace my current car.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2017, 14:43 »
I could easily be tempted by that, very smart indeed. It would be down to pricing compared to a Golf and boot size practicalities but I now see downsizing as the way forward, makes life much easier in many ways.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2017, 22:22 »
Some more pictures of the GTI in this CAR Magazine article, plus a few of the R Line in a quite daring copper colour and a couple of the Polo Beats model (the model with upgraded sound system) in white.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-events/frankfurt/2017/new-vw-polo-pictures-specs-info/
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mwad gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2017, 10:45 »
I'm really liking that
Candy White 3 dr Manual 2012 GTi. Bought new.
DAB, Dynaudio, Kenwood Head Unit Upgrade, Private Plate,
Full Leather and Heated Seats
18" Shadow Monzas, luxury pack.
Colour coded side skirts and gloss black diffuser.