Author Topic: HOW-TO: Mk3 Front & Rear Aero Wiper mod  (Read 68509 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: HOW-TO: Mk3 Rear Aero Wiper mod
« Reply #30 on: 04 June 2010, 09:48 »
i have now sold all stock that I had of these so if you want one you'll have to purchase from BMW  :wink:

Offline zdebx

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 04 June 2010, 17:27 »
Just wanted to let everyone know, who's interested in ordering, that Guy's a top guy (lol) - fast and smooth transaction.

HIGHLY recommended :)

Thanks
My Golf mk3 1.8 SE is FOR SALE - Jetex exhaust + Jamex coilies & More...Only £550! More info here > http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=161711.0

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 05 June 2010, 15:34 »
Just wanted to let everyone know, who's interested in ordering, that Guy's a top guy (lol) - fast and smooth transaction.

HIGHLY recommended :)

Thanks

:smiley:

Offline GTi Grez

• Not said much yet
  • Getting there.....
« Reply #33 on: 22 August 2011, 12:57 »
Great thread guys and Guy ... ringing up BMW round here somewhere now :) Hopefully they'll have it in stock as I hate waiting ha!  :laugh:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 22 August 2011, 13:15 »
Great thread guys and Guy ... ringing up BMW round here somewhere now :) Hopefully they'll have it in stock as I hate waiting ha!  :laugh:

no probs... they'll usually have them in stock in a couple of days if they aren't on the shelf :)

Offline GTi Grez

• Not said much yet
  • Getting there.....
« Reply #35 on: 22 August 2011, 15:48 »

no probs... they'll usually have them in stock in a couple of days if they aren't on the shelf :)

They've ordered them in for me and picking it all up at about 4:30 today when I get the call. if I knew how to post pics on here I'd have some of my car up and also the before and after pics of the wiper mod.

Now its just sourcing some wheels.... :smug:

Offline thebigv9000

• Just got here
« Reply #36 on: 17 December 2011, 10:03 »
hi everyone...i'm new to GolfGTI and from across the pond in NYC. everytime i'm overseas i'm jealous of the awesome cars you all have access too. anyhow...i recently was inspired by this thread and modified my mk3 rear wiper as well. first off, thank you for this! and a few questions and comments and additions--

is the BMW x1 rear wiper splined/geared? i ended up buying a Mini Clubman rear Right door wiper arm and blade as i didn't have access to the euro BMW x1 parts locally or shipped. really good fitment though and different shape/bend which i think is a nicer fit to the hatches on the mk3 (part # and pics will add below). the Mini is smooth and NOT splined as far as fitment/design goes (the mk3 arm i took off seemed slightly geared to match the splines but wasnt sure if that was from tightening and age..?)...i tapped a little bit of home made spline-age in just in case and to give a little better friction and catch and simply tightened the 13mm nut down and have had no issues with function as of yet (cross fingers). i haven't been able to do the 13+ inch blade modification yet either even though i have the mkv GTI aero blade and an extra Mini 12inch blade...there seems to be no wiggle room yet and i fear damage if i try harder...i'll investigate more when i have the time. also- haven't measured the GTI mkv blade length but seems more than 1 inch difference between..??

also...i cannot find a cap/cover here in the states that will fit!! the only covers here are actually fully closed...the Mini Clubman has sprayer on the door itself at the top. any recommendations or anyone wanna send me 2 or 3 cap covers from an x1 in the mail??

Mini parts #'s--
(Clubman R55, RIGHT side rear wiper arm)
WIPER ARM
61 62 2 756 280

WIPER BLADES (2 pack...listed as 12inch)
61 62 0 036 625

crappy iphone pictures...sorry i haven't had time for any prettier pics...

« Last Edit: 17 December 2011, 10:12 by thebigv9000 »

Offline thebigv9000

• Just got here
« Reply #37 on: 19 December 2011, 07:40 »
so i measured the wiper blades...oem mkiii is 13 inches...the gti mkv is also 13 inches...the Mini Clubman is 11.5 inches (despite the box saying 12")....HOW do you take the end caps off to separate the wiper blades and get the center attachment piece from the Mini onto the mkv blade so i can have a proper 13" wiper???

Guy or anyone else wanna send me 3 of those nut cap covers??

Offline mjb

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 Addiction
Re: HOW-TO: Mk3 Front & Rear Aero Wiper mod
« Reply #38 on: 16 May 2013, 14:36 »
Just tried ordering the parts from my BMW dealer.....£27.49 incl vat for the rear arm and £4.75 for the nut cover!.......at least Dick Terpin wore a mask!  Lol :shocked:

Instagram @mjbampt
Golf Mk7 Wagon (Work), Mk3 Gti 16v More Door, Mk3 Gti 8v (RIP)

Offline mjb

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 Addiction
Re: HOW-TO: Mk3 Front & Rear Aero Wiper mod
« Reply #39 on: 03 June 2013, 14:33 »
Picked up a rear wiper, nut cover and wiper blade for £10 of our very own classifieds  :nerd:

Modded it and fitted it : pics to follow  :cool:

Instagram @mjbampt
Golf Mk7 Wagon (Work), Mk3 Gti 16v More Door, Mk3 Gti 8v (RIP)