Author Topic: Hello everybody  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Stafbt

• Not said much yet
Hello everybody
« on: 31 March 2005, 22:58 »
Hi all. Can i ask for some help please?. Just bought myself a nice Golf GTi Cabro for the summer. Its blue, E reg and has 62000 on the clock. It came with full VW history, all MOT's and even tax discs. I am a golf nut, i used to own a VR6 P reg before i had to sell it to fund a house buy.  :angry:  lol
Im now ready to spend some money jazzing it up 4 the summer, but wheres the best place to start????  Id like to install some audio but where do you put the speakers in a convertable?? I dont have electric windows so space in the doors is minimum. I was also thinking of a set of new LED neons the UFO ones, you seen em????  or is that a big no no!!! With 62k on the car it should last for a long time so id like to make the car look cool and keep it. The only down side is a very small drip the the roof just to the side of my head (Sometimes) can this be fixed or is it a new roof, the rest of the roof is fine.. what places fix them, where can you buy a new one.. 
All help would be greatly appreciated and once i have the car looking good id like to start going to golf events.
Thanks very much
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline BOGGLE

• I live here
Re: Hello everybody
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2005, 23:33 »
That sounds like a sweet motor, and for gods sake DON'T get any neons.  There was a thread on here a week or so ago that a couple of cabby boys were running about a decent roof supplier for not a lot of money .  There's plenty of people on here that will help you out. Welcome to the forum :cool:

Before....During.....After

Offline Bronze MK1 Cab

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2005, 08:25 »
Welcome to the site mate  :wink:

I get a few drips coming through now and again, I think most people with MK1 cab's do  :cry: When I had my mohair roof fitted it didn't leak at all. It's been on there two years now. I heard that the seals are really expensive  :shocked:

I agree with not going down the neon route though! Everyone has different tastes though.

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with just two mods to start with, lower it and put some nice rims on it  :wink:

mrwotto

« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2005, 10:23 »
welcome to the forum mate :grin:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2005, 11:58 »
Welcome to the site. I'd suggest putting a few threads in the mk1 section about what you want to do or any advice you might need as I've read your initial introduction and my head is now spinning !  :grin: Deffo no to the neons or we will have to show you the door !  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

Cabby's can leak slightly but that's the price we pay I'm afraid  :sad: If you do need a new roof let me know and I'll get you a number where if you are cheeky you might get it cheaper than on their website, let me know.

......now officially dubless.

Offline Stafbt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2005, 15:11 »
Thanks for your help everybody!!!!!! :smiley: :smiley:
Any ideas on the speakers, where do i put them??

Dinky

« Reply #6 on: 01 April 2005, 16:52 »
Welcome to the forum,cabriolet girlie(got that Boggle :rolleyes: :grin:)myself!
Adamb has a gud ice setup in his,mayb worth chattin to him?

Dinx :kiss:

Offline Stafbt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 01 April 2005, 18:15 »
OK cheers  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: