Author Topic: Mk2 Roof lining  (Read 2670 times)

Offline whitts

• Not said much yet
Mk2 Roof lining
« on: 16 June 2004, 08:30 »
Help ...

Just picked up my first Mk2 and its in need of some TLC (inside). First job is the headlining, is this an easy thing to replace as I have actually taken the material off as it was falling off & I have left the shell up there. Is the shell easy to take out in one piece as I have found a  Golf with a headlining in A1 condition  ;)  just not sure if its a easy job or any tips / tricks to make life easier.

One to mention,  I have a  manual sunroof as well but so has Golf I hope to be getting the lining from (just to make life interesting).

Any advise would be good

Scott

Offline lowgolf

• Here all the time
Re:Mk2 Roof lining
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2004, 13:04 »
I changed mine not thjat long ago from the cream to the black one. Its just one piece, all you need to do is to take off all the fixings, and remove the top half of the door rubbers, and the piece around the edge of the sunroof, it should then just come out easily, then just reverse the process and it should go back in perfectly. If you are changing the little piece within on the sunroof then the sunroof will have to be removed.
<br /><br />Yeah!!!

Offline whitts

• Not said much yet
Re:Mk2 Roof lining
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2004, 08:35 »
Cheers ..... looked at last night the only problem was with the sunroof lever. You remove the one visable screw from inside and the sunroof lever comes off but the rest is in a inclosed small box.
How is this attached to the roof? Do I just need to be abit forceful or am I missing some screws somewhere....... Any ideas?
Also how does the rear view mirror come out?