Author Topic: More problems!!!???  (Read 3120 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
More problems!!!???
« on: 23 October 2006, 14:45 »
The mother in the house recently got a new Full House Golf GTI.  :laugh:
But we had some problems with the car.
1. VW Service was SH@*. They "forgot" to activate the sound system, Ipod link and the actual computer.  :undecided:
2. Since we had the car the battery has gone flat twice. Naturally as the oldest son I got the blame for leaving the stereo (which I love to bits) on. :rolleyes: But thats not the case. It normally happens when the car has not been used for about 2 days. The dealer has no clue. And I have no answer. Can anyone help answer this question?
3. We have a problem with the electric windows. Please dont all shout and tell me to consult the manual cos I did. I realise that if you hold down the unlock button on the key fob the windows and sunroof open. And vise versa.  :smug:I showed my mother this and we just assumed that she was holding the button down for to long. But after a while she came back complaining that she went shopping and when she came back the windows were about half way down. This happened about 4 times and the dealer had no answer.

Besides that the car is awesome. No rattles and the sound system sounds brilliant. (No paper card for us)
We stay in South Africa.
Anyone else had these problems? Maybe a problem for the DOC??
Thanks in Advance. Would send it to the dealer but my father says they are butchers. (HE one of those guys that double parks all his cars far away in a corner far away from anyone else :grin:)

THX ALL

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: More problems!!!???
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2006, 16:54 »
firstly, welcome to the forum!

VW service S**t!!?? Surely not!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :wink:

Only one i can sort of help you with is the flat battery; clearly something is staying on permantely to drain the battery.  It's a case of process of elimination i guess.  Most common tend to be the glovebox or boot light as they are the one's you can't see.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2006, 10:14 »
 hey again.

Thanks for replying so fast.  :shocked: I will try that this weekend.
Still got a prob with the windows. really annoying. Mom called yesterday bitc%($ing that when she got back to the car yesterday there were half a ton of teenagers standing around it. She thought they were just staring at her cars beauty.......... :drool: but on closer inspection she found out that they were actually trying to figure out why she left her car completely open :sick:................

Its going to get stolen.  :embarassed: She is parking it outside security until someone can solve the problem. Where is the DOC????

THX for the warm welcome!!! :smiley:

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2006, 11:11 »
no worries

with regards to the windows it sounds like your central convenience module (CCM) could be on the blink.  this controls the windows etc

Have you got access to VAG-COM? (its the diagnostic software used by dealers) Might be worth running that to see if it throws up any faults.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2006, 11:40 »
Agreed - what a pain in the ass!

Can you not return it as being un saleable quality?

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2006, 12:49 »
Hey

Firstly I only 16 years old so fancy me calling the dealer and telling them dat :grin:
CCM?? Never heard of it to be honest. So I assume it will have to be sent in to the butchers?  :cry:
(Father wont be happy :undecided: ) Is there anyway we could test it ourselves?

Can you not return it as being un saleable quality?

Well the car only about 4 months old and we waited for about 8 months for it. So I dont think we will want to lose it to soon. At the moment 2nd hand GTI's are more expensive than first hand! Thats how popular the car is down here. So I guess the option of 'send it back' wont happen......

I been looking at the car (I the only one who cleans it) and I must admit the quility is a bit poor. Especially when you consider how much we paid.

Is it just me or is the Ipod adapter really SH*#T? Compared to the CD the quility and BASS is really poor.
You guys noticed this as well? Another problem I trying to solve.

Dont get me wrong it an awesome car. I love that sinking feeling when you accelerate and turn through sharp corners.  :laugh:

ThX again in advance guys

Join our group now!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2006, 15:09 »
CCM should be located somewhere under dashboard by the driver  :undecided: its only a small box but controls quite a few of the electrical systems on board.

getting hold of VAG-COM would be the easiest way but you also need a compatible lead and cos the MKV is new there are few cables on Ebay that are compatible  :sad:

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2006, 15:13 »
Thanks for the info..... Will be advising the father shortly......... :grin:
Have you had any problems with quality on the Ipod sound Link? Any advise oyu can give?

Compared to CD the Ipod sounds tinny and rather SH*YT

THX again

Join our group now!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2006, 15:21 »
Friad not cos I got a MKIV which don't have such problems!!   :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

If you look back through previous posts you'll see people have complained quite a bit about the sound qaulity in the MKV  :sad:

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #9 on: 24 October 2006, 15:25 »
The sound is fecking brilliant. No rattles and no distortion. Putting the volume up is a pleasure.

But thats only when you use the CD player and the radio. But when we plug the Ipod (6GB NANO) in. And listen to the sound. It looses all its clarity... Can this be solved with VAG-COM or can fiddling with the CCM help?

Thx for all your help....

Join our group now!