Author Topic: looking at buying gt tdi advice needed  (Read 1413 times)

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
looking at buying gt tdi advice needed
« on: 08 July 2012, 22:09 »
as above says looking to get gt tdi just what some pointers eg

mileage high does it have any problems

age and so on

cant wait to get one  :smiley:

Offline golfmk4owner

• GTI forum regular
Re: looking at buying gt tdi advice needed
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2012, 13:10 »
Hi mate, the GT TDIs are great cars in my opinion, and it just so happens that im selling mine :(
If you are interested pm me and i can link you to autotrader and answer any questions.

With regards to advice, i would say keep an eye out for "lumpy" turbos... they can coke up with carbon after a while and put the car into limp mode, which is why i had mine professionally cleaned and serviced off the car ;)
2005 GT TDI 140 - Standard as F@k

Offline D4Z4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2012, 23:41 »
had a gt tdi a few years ago and thought the mpg wasnt that great so ended up with the gti and was much happier

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2012, 23:51 »
I had one of these as a courtesy car and I have to say, they feel flabby and heavy in contrast to the Gti, despite running the same suspension.

I'm a diesel fan, having owned 2 remapped t.d's myself. But there's no getting away from the fact the tfsi petrol engine is so well suited to the golf, more so than the t.d's in my honest opinion.

I hear the Leon FR Tdi is a bit more of a drivers car and the BMW 120d is a whole load quicker still, albeit damn pricey, it's some 1.2 seconds quicker to 60mph and similar gains in the mid range between 30-80mph  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 14 July 2012, 00:09 by MS1COYS »
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft