Author Topic: The DVLA Information Thread  (Read 132845 times)

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
Re: The DVLA Information Thread
« Reply #40 on: 18 May 2010, 11:54 »
Not sure if you can help on this one but bought a Vespa 50 special when i was about 20 years,so about 18 years ago problem being i never received the log book and then the scooter was broken for bits so never bothered chasing the paperwork. Thing is i want to transfer the registration on to my Golf if possible how would i go about. ( i have checked the dvla website it doesn't say it was scrapped)
Thanks

Offline wyliecoyote

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 18 May 2010, 21:14 »
Hi, I need help :cry:

I visited the Cardiff DVLA office on 30 April as I needed to swap a cherished number - put one on retention and allocate one to the car. According to the docs I received this was authorised on 10 May and I've got a new tax disc and put the new number plates on, but I'm waiting for a new V5. I rang the DVLA yesterday for progress and was told that the number on my car is still showing as being on retention and they haven't received any paperwork for the new V5. Then the guy told me it could be another 3 weeks - problem is I've got a buyer waiting patiently for the car, but I'm not sure how much longer he will wait. I'm worried that they have lost the paperwork - how long should it take to send papers from one Dept to another? Surely not 7 working days?

Any ideas? If you need any specific details, please PM me.

Cheers

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #42 on: 18 May 2010, 21:21 »
my tax discs came back within 3 days - log books took 3 weeks  :rolleyes:

Offline wyliecoyote

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 19 May 2010, 12:46 »
Nooooooooooooo :cry: :sick:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 19 May 2010, 19:56 »
it can take around 6weeks when CT plates are involved, i take it the v5c you are waiting for in the one with the age related mark on it, i would ring dvla back give them them both registration mark's and then tell them that you want this sorted imediatley due to the fact you are selling the vehicle, if you shout loud enough it will go to supervisor call and they will have to sort it.

it could be that cardiff still have your paperwork but most probably it is in the cherished transfer section at swansea waiting to be done

Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline wyliecoyote

• Not said much yet
« Reply #45 on: 19 May 2010, 20:04 »
Cheers for the advice - really helpful.

Yes it's the age related one (actually the original registration number given to the car). I've had all the paperwork for CT authorising me to put the new plates on, so just a bit surprised it wasn't passed over to the DVLA quicker...

I'll give it a go to try and get it sorted.

Offline wyliecoyote

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 20 May 2010, 13:17 »
Well that was a bust :angry:

All I could get out of them was there is nothing wrong, it can take up to 6 weeks, checked but nothing more we can do etc. etc. the usual lines.

I'm at the end of my tether - at least another 2 weeks, and my buyer will have walked. Not many people are prepared to wait 6 weeks to get a car after agreeing a deal :sad:

So angry, beyond words :angry: :angry:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 21 May 2010, 03:35 »
Not sure if you can help on this one but bought a Vespa 50 special when i was about 20 years,so about 18 years ago problem being i never received the log book and then the scooter was broken for bits so never bothered chasing the paperwork. Thing is i want to transfer the registration on to my Golf if possible how would i go about. ( i have checked the dvla website it doesn't say it was scrapped)
Thanks

From what I understand, If you want to take a plate from a vehicle it has to have an MOT. So i cant see you being able to take that mark from the vespa
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 21 May 2010, 03:37 »
Well that was a bust :angry:

All I could get out of them was there is nothing wrong, it can take up to 6 weeks, checked but nothing more we can do etc. etc. the usual lines.

I'm at the end of my tether - at least another 2 weeks, and my buyer will have walked. Not many people are prepared to wait 6 weeks to get a car after agreeing a deal :sad:

So angry, beyond words :angry: :angry:

And they will say that it says in the documentation that it takes 6 weeks and you shouldn't have put the car on the market until the CT was done.. Sorry mate.

Offline wyliecoyote

• Not said much yet
« Reply #49 on: 21 May 2010, 15:51 »
Cheers anyway. Think I'm equally angry with myself as much as the DVLA. :embarassed: