Author Topic: Reset of on board computer ???  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Pobby2005

• Not said much yet
Reset of on board computer ???
« on: 11 January 2006, 16:02 »
Afternoon all, can anyone help? My dash board computer is not resetting itself after the each journey, it should reset to zero after the engine has been switched off for two hours so you know miles travelled, MPG, time on go etc... Mine has started to keep an ongoing total and has done for the last 3000 miles.

Does anyone know it there's a reset for this?

** Sorry forgot to mention, it's a MK4 2.0 GTi - 1999 **

Cheers
Pobby
« Last Edit: 11 January 2006, 16:13 by Pobby2005 »

Offline adyh

• I live here
Re: Reset of on board computer ???
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2006, 17:32 »
If its the same as the one for the Mk3 , are you sure your not on setting number 2 [total] instead of 1 [journey] ?

kingturbo

« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2006, 19:13 »
mine has a similar problem it keeps the figures for about a day before it resets itself dont know why im not too bothered by it though and it has the 1 on the display

Offline GazB

• I live here
  • Newport Edition - aaahhhhh!AC Cobra Fast as F*@k -
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2006, 19:47 »
This is all in another recent post, press the button on the underside of your RH stalk and you will see the 1/2 change on the screen, number 1 will reset automatically after the ignition has been off for more than a 2 hour period, number 2 will record on going records until you reset it manually by holding in the button uner the stalk. :wink:

You could just read your handbook, LOL :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Hobnob

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2006, 09:00 »
and if you hold that button in (the one to change between 1 and 2) for a few seconds it will reset the values
Hobnobs......The SAS of the biscuit community
Golf 1.8 T(ARZ) - Reflex Silver - Completely Standard