Author Topic: Blus " United Grey Gt-tdi "  (Read 20388 times)

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Blus " United Grey Gt-tdi "
« on: 28 December 2013, 20:23 »
After owning my old Mk4 Wagon for about 2 years I reached a point where there wasnt much more I could do with it, im not one for messing with engines and I only ever really buy diesel now so I decided to get my self a Mk5 Gt-tdi.
I had been looking around and looked at a fair few mk5s but wanted one with a few extras on it.Anyway I ended up with the below car a 2004 Gt-tdi 140bhp model 3 door in United grey my favorite color.Shes covered 128k with history etc and had all the usual service parts done.Extras on the car listed below

Golf Gti front and rear bumper
Gti front grill
Gti Side skirts
Gti Head lights
Carbon Fibre grill surround
FK Coilovers
Audi 18" Fat Five alloys
Gti style twin exit tail pipe

Things I have done since owning the car
Tinted rear windows light tint.
Carbon vinyl outer door pilars along with center console trim.
Door trim on both doors had lifted slightly on each edge Tiger sealed each side back down
Passanger side skirt again needed re sealing at the rear that got tiger sealed now sorted.
Replaced rear trim that lifts the parcel shelf up as if the pins are broke you have buy a whole new part.
Drivers and passanger side door handles replaced as old ones were worn.
New drivers side front brake caliper
Oil and filter.
Touched it up in places and a good clean.
Upgraded the head unit
Front fogs are now yellow instead of clear.

Future plans

ED30 or Gti interior
Wheels going in for powder coating as they have been painted and they chip really easy may change the colour to
Front bumper needs painting as its stone chipped
Drivers door im gonna have painted as it has a very light scratch and some other marks.
Remap it at some point but see how the turbo fairs first as its on its original one.
There is other stuff I will do to the car as you do but my main things first are wheel refurb and paint and the rest will be later on.

Few pictures of the car when I bought it ill post a few how it sits now thanks for looking.

Golf Gti

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Blus " United Grey Gt-tdi "
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2013, 21:17 »
Where are the pics mate?  :huh:

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2013, 21:49 »
Above I can see them  :undecided:
Golf Gti

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2013, 22:20 »
Blu my man, that looks sexy. The alloy colour goes pretty sexy with the rest of car. Bang on drop aswell. I would keep the wheels same colour and have them powder coated instead. Theres a place just right by you (sweent sherlock powder coaters) keeping my eye open on your car :cool:
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2013, 23:14 »
Very nice :cool:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2013, 23:46 »
Ah I can see the pics now, looks good. No more wagons then?

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #6 on: 29 December 2013, 00:05 »
I have still got the wagon sold it on ebay guy isnt collecting it till early new year been my best Dub to date shame to see it go but time for change  :wink: thanks for the comments
« Last Edit: 29 December 2013, 00:07 by tdi_blu »
Golf Gti

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2013, 00:20 »
How much did the wagon sell for if you don't mind me asking, your one almost tempting me into buying a mk4...

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #8 on: 29 December 2013, 19:41 »
I had the Wagon up for £3100 ono on a few forums with no real interest so just put it on ebay and it went for £2600 which I think is a bargain considering the parts that are fitted to the car. Chaps a fellow vw enthusiast and collecting it in the new year so its going to a good home. Not to much done today I was going to fit my GPS antenna but decided to do it tomorrow instead. I did how ever manage to get the vinyl wrapping done on the centre dash trim which I havent done for some time but end result was good thanks.

Golf Gti

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #9 on: 01 January 2014, 19:40 »
Small bits done GPS antenna was not working as in signal satnav sofware was abit messed up so got that sorted and intalled the reciever in a decent place.Fitted my front plate as every time I went to get fuel the attendent didnt want to serve me  :grin: and ive only stuck it on so can be removed show time. Also fitted my new light switch genuine item far better than the usual ebay sh!t they sell. Currently trying to buy a leather half black and brown seats only see how it goes few pictures thanks.

Golf Gti