Author Topic: Autoglym shampoo/conditioner  (Read 1403 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Autoglym shampoo/conditioner
« on: 20 July 2015, 18:34 »
I love this stuff.

After 4 weeks without a wash, the bonnet covered in tree sap with black bit of something sticking to it, the red Golf looked a right mess. So after a good pressure wash, I mixed up some AG shampoo into my snowfoam lance and gave it a really thick covering. By the time I had washed the wheels and arches, the 'foam' was still clinging. It was then rinsed in a methodical way with the pressure washer taking all of the gooey mess with it and the water just sheeting off.

All that was needed then was a light 2BM wash with my Wowo mitt and the rinse with an open hose to make it perfect(ish) again. Seeing the state it was in to begin with, I was foreseeing claying and polishing, but no, good old AG came to the rescue.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Autoglym shampoo/conditioner
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2015, 19:08 »
Sounds good.  But you could've at least chucked in a couple of pics to brighten your post.  Apart from your sig pic, I think I've only ever seen one pic of your car, which is a shame as it looked very nice.  Do you still buy the AG in bulk off the rep?

Have you bought your new caravan with the GTI red stripe yet?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Autoglym shampoo/conditioner
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2015, 22:05 »
I've not really got many picture of my cars. One Golf GT is pretty much like another really.

I do still buy my AG products in bulk. The Bailey Unicorn Cadiz GTI that will be be collected on Saturday, will use up plenty of them.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.