Author Topic: Scratch Removal Works Too Well  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Scratch Removal Works Too Well
« on: 18 July 2015, 20:30 »
I thought I would share my experience using G3 Scratch Removal cream.  The scratch or should I say large deep scuff was deep enough to feel with your nail and about as large as your thumbnail on my rear bumper.  It did not damage the paint coat, just the top coat.  I bought some G3 scratch remover and G3 Waffle Pad.

To apply I found I had to carry out the advised method of application several times (rubbing the cream over the scratch area), using as a result way more cream than recommended.  However to my suprise it has completely removed the deep scuff/scratch...  But also I found it also manage to start to remove the paint from the edge of my bumper due to the back and forth motion advised for application.  Luckily I managed to notice the paint on the edge in time before it got too bad. 

I was sceptical of scratch remover creams, but I can confidently say it does work with a bit of elbow grease, just be sure to frequently check the area you apply the cream incase like my experience after some time of rubbing the cream in to the scratch area you may also be rubbing the paint thin on edges of the body work near by.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Scratch Removal Works Too Well
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2015, 10:23 »
Good to hear your results were successful in getting shot of the scratch.
I'm assuming this stuff is pretty abrasive then - similar to good old fashioned T Cut?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2015, 11:11 »
From what i've witnessed seeing my parents use TCut and now myself using the G3 Scratch Remover, I would say it was better and probably more abrasive.  Awsome stuff, I would highly recommend it yet use with caution near bodywork edges and constantly check all around the work area you are applying the stuff on.   :smiley:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2015, 15:23 »
T Cut is a bit 1970's and 80's! But that's more my era  :embarrassed:
G3 looks a lot more advanced when I read up on it.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2015, 16:19 »
T Cut is a bit 1970's and 80's! But that's more my era  :embarrassed:
G3 looks a lot more advanced when I read up on it.

It seems to wear down whatever you are rubbing it against quickly and evenly,  without introducing scratched itself. My GTD got a mild scrape from the chin of someone's front spoiler (presumed) - there was some black plastic deposited on the bumper and so minor scratching close by. The G3 made light work of removing the black plastic residue and minimising the scratch. My next-door-but-one saw me struggling trying to remove the scrape with Mer and a lot of elbow grease and brought me a capful out. Good stuff!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2015, 16:24 »
I've also used G3 a number of times. Brilliant stuff.
Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2015, 16:34 »
I wasn't expecting much of a result, until to my surprise I managed to complete remove the deep scuff.  If I were ever to believe in magic it would be this stuff.  :laugh:

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2015, 18:56 »
I'll be buy some of the G3 stuff this week. It looks to be impressive stuff.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2015, 18:58 by Blackmass »

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2015, 19:22 »
You won't regret it.  I am unsure of how using a different applicator than the G3 waffle applicator pad will affect the final result. But the only thing I can see happening is maybe a cloth or other pad may apply the G3 scratch removal cream a little more vigorous and heavier than the waffle pad does.  Be sure to constantly check the result and incrementally apply the cream in short intervals. 

Hope it removes the scatches on your car Blackmass like it has for mine (Just be sure it does not remove the paint as well).  The scuff on my car was looking bad enough to consider looking in to Smart Repair if I could get someone to come out to where I live...  Which I cannot.  The G3 cream has saved me a lot of hassle and money.  I should look in to getting comission for selling the benefits of G3 so heavily.  :smiley:

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2015, 19:47 »
Thanks Brenbo. I saw a video on YouTube a couple of weeks back. A guy used it on a scratched door handle and the results were excellent. Link below.

https://youtu.be/XaZJUV3DyRQ