Author Topic: A newbies build thread  (Read 22344 times)

Offline forewheels

• Not said much yet
  • in repair mode
A newbies build thread
« on: 02 September 2012, 03:13 »
So i finally put a deposit down for my very own mk5 after a good year of saving. Due to pick it up soon.  

I have plans for it in the nearby future, but for now it will be a mini build thread, with DIY mods and personal touches etc. im not looking to do anything un OEM at the moment , and don't intend to make it into something its not!
Its a really good example of a well kept 05 mk5 sport, immaculate inside and out.
Will keep you lot posted on anything i do to it big or small!  :cool:
« Last Edit: 24 September 2012, 20:26 by forewheels »

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: new to the game
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2012, 14:27 »
 Welcome to the nut house!

Looks good that :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2012, 20:28 »
Best colour. Welcome to bedlam.  :grin:
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline forewheels

• Not said much yet
  • in repair mode
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2012, 20:03 »
Cheers for the welcome guys!  Ive finally got it woo :laugh:
just thought id post a little cheap DIY i did to the Key i was given. The badge was completely scratched off so i thought id get a new badge off ebay and swap it over. The old badge came off easy enough, just need a steady hand and a stanley knife :cool:

« Last Edit: 25 September 2012, 01:12 by forewheels »

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: A newbies build thread
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2012, 21:49 »
^^^much better...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

LakerLover

« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2012, 07:46 »
Welcome to the addiction! :smiley:

I got one of them badges for my Fob about 4 months ago!!!  all scratched off again :angry:

Offline forewheels

• Not said much yet
  • in repair mode
Indicator job
« Reply #6 on: 04 October 2012, 17:00 »
One thing that was bugging me was that my wing mirror indicator on the passenger side wasnt working. It looks like water has got inside the light itself and its stopped working :undecided:

so i set out to fix it myself instead of getting ripped off at a garage to do a job that seemed quite simple.
this is my first repair as im a newbie to all of this, but i thought id give it a go and see if i could.
i looked around to see if anyone had the same problem and had fixed it, turns out its a common problem with the mk5's. So i looked around for the indicator on ebay, managed to get a new one for a tenner when vw were asking £40 for the same thing, ripoff!

it took me about 15mins to swap it over, the two main fiddly parts were the motor connector, and the the housing clips, i ended up just clipping them to get the housing off.

works perfect and looks 10x better  :cool:

« Last Edit: 04 October 2012, 17:43 by forewheels »

Offline b8bigboygti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 04 October 2012, 19:38 »
good job :)

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
« Reply #8 on: 04 October 2012, 19:53 »
Welcome...nice job on the mirror... :smiley:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2012, 21:19 »
Much cleaner and crisper...good work!