Author Topic: Sport & Sound Pack  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Ross Detours

• GTI forum regular
Sport & Sound Pack
« on: 18 April 2014, 10:23 »
Just wondering if anyone has got the sport and sound pack on their GTD and what their thoughts are?

Having searched through a number of threads, there seems to be a bit of debate about what is included.
From what I understand, you get a straight through exhaust pipe from the DPF/cat back? This exhaust also has an internal speaker that is not present on the standard GTD? And you get red painted brake calipers?

Anyone care to shine some light now that many of us have had their cars delivered? Some pics/sound clips would be great too. There are some on Youtube but they're all German so can't be sure that's what we get in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: Sport & Sound Pack
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2014, 12:29 »
The pack is the same as the Germans get with the red calipers as a few people on here have it. Search in this section and you'll see some photos. I'd provide the link but I'm on my phone.

Offline Ross Detours

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2014, 14:33 »
Cheers Kyle,

I did have a search around but didn't managed to find much... will go and try again.

What do people think about the change in sound over standard exhaust?

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2014, 22:19 »
There is loads of info on this thread
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=259570.80

PS. I don't think you noticed or maybe you just didn't reply on the VCDS thread but I have a genuine cable and obviously just stay down the road  :wink:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2014, 08:46 »
I would have been interested in the exhaust sounds possibly but are they tied to also having the interior sound actuation on? My GTD has the interior sounds and I never use it as it just makes the car sound like a noisier diesel!

Now the interior and exhaust sounds on my other car, Audi SQ5, are a much different story!!
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Ross Detours

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2014, 14:53 »
There is loads of info on this thread
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=259570.80

PS. I don't think you noticed or maybe you just didn't reply on the VCDS thread but I have a genuine cable and obviously just stay down the road  :wink:

Cheers my man! I did indeed see it but then the thread went off on another angle but I meant to message you just to say thanks, that could be great... Just need a car to tweak now! Haha.