Author Topic: Slight vibration  (Read 608 times)

Offline redevo1

• Here all the time
  • golt gti 1.8t AGU
Slight vibration
« on: 05 October 2008, 17:36 »
Getting a vibarition from under the front off off the car but soon as I surpress the clutch it stops? Not the end off the world just wondering what it could be?:smiley:
God I've got a golf I'm getting old!Full Recaro leather with arse waming seats, the reason for buying a Golf!Spec: R tech remap:Eibach Fr+Rr ARB:Powerflex ARB bushes:Forge BOF DV:Silicone TIP:Induction kit:Jamex suspension:312mm big brake setup: EBC pads F+R:Vr6/g60 clutch:5mm-fr+15mm-rr spacers: Anni front & rear Valances & Anni rear roof spoiler: Silicone hose boost/Breather kit.

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
Re: Slight vibration
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2008, 17:39 »
when you push the clutch it stops?! could this possibly be the release/thrust bearing inside the gearbox?!
box out jobby to fix!  :lipsrsealed:

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2008, 17:47 »
As said sounds like the thrust bearing.

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline redevo1

• Here all the time
  • golt gti 1.8t AGU
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2008, 17:53 »
Clutch is fine and clutch action, thought it might have been something rubbing ganist the exhaust?
God I've got a golf I'm getting old!Full Recaro leather with arse waming seats, the reason for buying a Golf!Spec: R tech remap:Eibach Fr+Rr ARB:Powerflex ARB bushes:Forge BOF DV:Silicone TIP:Induction kit:Jamex suspension:312mm big brake setup: EBC pads F+R:Vr6/g60 clutch:5mm-fr+15mm-rr spacers: Anni front & rear Valances & Anni rear roof spoiler: Silicone hose boost/Breather kit.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2008, 18:02 »
Clutch is fine and clutch action, thought it might have been something rubbing ganist the exhaust?

Yeah but the bearing can wear out before the clutch. Its not going to do any harm if you can put up with it.  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.