Author Topic: Mk8 gti ordering  (Read 44385 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Mk8 gti ordering
« Reply #100 on: 30 October 2020, 17:49 »
Lease deals are starting to appear now, in the region of £390/month on a 3+35 / 10k profile (DSG).

I'm waiting on figures for the Octavia vRS and BMW 128ti to see how they compare.

Yeah the lease deals are fine as long as you don’t add options. Stable were advertising below £340pm I think with nothing added and 6 months up front. I’d rather not have a gti than lease with no options though. All personal choice 
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #101 on: 30 October 2020, 18:10 »
As long as the options you want are fairly modest, leasing still looks cheaper than PCP.

To put it another way, DCC, 19's and metallic paint adds about £60 per month to a 3 year PCH. On PCP at 5.4%, every £10k you borrow is costing £45 per month just in interest alone.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2020, 18:12 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #102 on: 30 October 2020, 18:15 »
Lease deals are starting to appear now, in the region of £390/month on a 3+35 / 10k profile (DSG).

I'm waiting on figures for the Octavia vRS and BMW 128ti to see how they compare.
I'm also interested to see how the vRS figures look. Lower list price, more equipment, bigger discount and lower interest rate. Could make the GTi look really expensive. All depends on how good (or bad) the GFV's are. 
7.5 GTD

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #103 on: 30 October 2020, 18:48 »
random question  - are the MK8 iq matrix led's the same as (or better/totally different) to the 7.5 dla led's?
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #104 on: 30 October 2020, 19:03 »
Haven't tried either so no idea whether the IQ lights are any better than Dynamic Light Assist on the Mk7.5. But the two systems are different.

Dynamic Light Assist can automatically put the main beam on and uses cameras to mask it at the appropriate time to prevent blinding oncoming traffic.

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/dynamic-light-assist-3671

IQ Lights are multiple individually controlled LED's.

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/iqlight-led-matrix-headlights-3938
7.5 GTD

Offline Thornster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #105 on: 30 October 2020, 21:17 »
With lease deals on many tempting cars coming in under £400 I'd find it hard to go PCP again, unless I planned on refinancing at some point, and to run the car for 5-6 years.

For me personally I also like the 36 month lease, as I'm always cover by a warranty, and can change cars regularly.

Options on both lease and PCP push up the price, which is why the best value is in finding a car that doesn't need any options adding!

Most cars seem to lack at least one thing on my must have list, it's just a shame the GTI seems to lack a few things I'd want to add which would push the cost up quite a bit.

Still very keen to get another GTI, but not at any cost!
Oct 2013: GTI, DSG, 3 Door, Carbon Grey, DynAudio, Winter Pack, Discovery Navigation and Keyless Start
Jan 2018: Arteon R-Line, Atlantic Blue
Jan 2021: tbc!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #106 on: 30 October 2020, 21:37 »
Is it actually any cheaper to lease though?

If you add up the total payments it any less?

With any luck you get your deposit back on PCP, not true on leases.

If your name isn't on the v5 is it more expensive to insure?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Thornster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #107 on: 30 October 2020, 21:46 »
Insurance is the same, with so many people leasing now the insurance companies are fine with it.

In my experience the equity is minimal, and there's all the hassel either trying to pay off the balloon and sell privately, or trade it in.

If you can get a lease on special offer, no PCP will touch it for value unless at 0% APR and a very big discount.
Oct 2013: GTI, DSG, 3 Door, Carbon Grey, DynAudio, Winter Pack, Discovery Navigation and Keyless Start
Jan 2018: Arteon R-Line, Atlantic Blue
Jan 2021: tbc!

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #108 on: 30 October 2020, 21:52 »
The lease deals posted here for the GTi look a bit cheaper than the PCP quotes we've seen.

You don't get your deposit back on PCH that's true, but there's no certainty of equity at the end in PCP either. In my experience insurance is slightly more expensive if on PCH, but not significantly so; it's a few quid. You also get your vehicle tax and breakdown cover paid for on PCH, which should more than cover any marginal uplift in insurance.

Obviously it's not as flexible as PCP, so if you bite off more than you can chew or your circumstances change it can be more expensive to get out of. But it's certainly worth doing the maths if you like a new car every 2 or 3 years and you're sure of your ability to make the payments each month.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2020, 21:53 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #109 on: 31 October 2020, 14:29 »
More ridiculous figures today. So my brother did contact DTD. Nearly £6 discount in the end but monthlies over 3 years of £531. Now he’s only putting £500 in himself but these finances are just bizarre. Frustrating that I’m only hearing it second hand so not got the exact details.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.