Author Topic: Standard smoked rear lights  (Read 1887 times)

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
Standard smoked rear lights
« on: 06 May 2010, 05:40 »
Got pulled over by the rozzers yesterday for going alittle to fast.. 40 in a 30, let me off for that but anyhoo, as he did a routine check over my car he said my smoked rear lights are illegal!

"all mk3 gti's or above roll out of the factory with these light"... I dont care there blatantly illegal!...
"but they've clearly got the correct markings on them"... I can see there made by hella there still illegal...
"so even though my car rolled out of the factory with these lights"... Well they might have been ok back then but today, there illegal!

I know i got let off for speeding abit, but surely he doesnt need to be that much of a c0ck to realise every mk3 golf has these lights.. corsas around the 2005 model (for example) come with proper smoked lights, worse than golfs but hey there legal right?

Just had to ake it on the chin and admit he was right  :angry: and getting a full blown story about how much trouble i could end in if it was foggy and caused a crash because no one could see my side lights !!! thats true of every car on the road not just me, isnt that why fog lights where friggin invented

Rant over, Good morning people  :smiley:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Standard smoked rear lights
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2010, 09:16 »
I cannot see they are illegal unless they have been further tinted.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2010, 09:50 »
+1 if they are standard factory lights, and yes the corsa and any other car that has smoked STANDARD lights are legal.

Offline zdebx

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2010, 20:57 »
The guy clearly didn't know what he was talking about...Standard smoked Hella's are fully legal, and I passed my MOT with no problems, when I had them.
My Golf mk3 1.8 SE is FOR SALE - Jetex exhaust + Jamex coilies & More...Only £550! More info here > http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=161711.0

Offline bundy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2010, 22:10 »
just another jumped up d!ck

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2010, 23:32 »
even if they had tightened up laws surrounding tinted lights, it would only apply to NEW vehicles not old ones.

i.e. rear seat belts, rear fog lights, BSAU stamped on post 2001 registered number plates and so on!

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Bellend

« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2010, 23:40 »
Damn I hope I don't get pulled over by someone like that one day. I can be a right argumentetive (sp?) twit when in the right/wrong mood and I know I'm right.  :undecided:

Awaits a  :lipsrsealed: or a  :rolleyes: or maybe even a  :wink: from Chuff. :grin:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2010, 13:09 »
Just agree with him up to the point of him actually trying to nail a fixed penalty on you.

Once they're happy they're right they'll normally just toddle on, bless 'em.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2010, 13:15 »
Damn I hope I don't get pulled over by someone like that one day. I can be a right argumentetive (sp?) twit when in the right/wrong mood and I know I'm right.  :undecided:

living up to your name then

Awaits a  :lipsrsealed: or a  :rolleyes: or maybe even a  :wink: from Chuff. :grin:

Bellend

« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2010, 18:42 »

living up to your name then

Quite like it. Think it suits?

Shot down.  :cry: