Author Topic: Advice for washing my Mk7 GTI  (Read 6906 times)

Offline Bingham67

• Not said much yet
Re: Advice for washing my Mk7 GTI
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2013, 21:28 »
Cheers guys for info but another question received the Autosmart Duet Duo on the bottle it says dilute with up to 250 parts water any idea in real world what that means?

Offline AaronMc

• Not said much yet
  • GTI Life..
« Reply #11 on: 17 October 2013, 21:34 »
Its just a measurement for diluting it to water. Just pour a little bit in the bucket and fill it up, if its way to soapy, just use less next time. Or you can try doing 2 caps every wash.
Golf GTI MK6 Manual - Tornado Red with Jacara Cloth, Monza Shadows, RNS510, Dynaudio System, Fiscon Bluetooth, Front & Rear Park Sensors, ACC, Cruise Control, Winter Pack & Xenon Lights.

Offline Bingham67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 17 October 2013, 21:41 »
Well that was rapid response thanks my car needs clean now the joys of 12 hour shift and country roads cant clean it all time.

Looking to get that purple haze pro stuff as reading post further down good for deep pearl black that what i got.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 17 October 2013, 22:11 »
DJ Blue Velvet Pro also great for deep black pearl. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline AaronMc

• Not said much yet
  • GTI Life..
« Reply #14 on: 18 October 2013, 12:23 »
Yeah the dodo juice stuff is good!
Golf GTI MK6 Manual - Tornado Red with Jacara Cloth, Monza Shadows, RNS510, Dynaudio System, Fiscon Bluetooth, Front & Rear Park Sensors, ACC, Cruise Control, Winter Pack & Xenon Lights.

Offline Bingham67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2013, 12:22 »
Whats a good cleaner for the windscreen and also the inside of the car ie dashboard what should i use to clean the sat nav screen?

Leather seats i read them Dr leather wipes are good? 

Here the pic of interior if helps

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2013, 13:14 »
Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol or Angel Wax Glass cleaner.  For leather try Angle Wax leather or Gliptone.

Offline Bingham67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 23 October 2013, 17:16 »
Thanks im getting brown marks after i wash car using method AaronMc posted i got all the stuff now it getting annoying im washing and rinsing etc but specs of brown circles pop up all over car when look close up.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 23 October 2013, 17:30 »
The brown spots could well be fallout picked up in transit. It's quite common on cars that travel on a train. With them still being there, shows how poorly the dealers prepare new cars. A good soak with something like IronX should sort it out, but you will need to start all over again with your protection layers.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline AaronMc

• Not said much yet
  • GTI Life..
« Reply #19 on: 23 October 2013, 18:30 »
Not sure what the brown marks are unless as said they are spots of Tar etc?

Unless your water is really dirty that your washing it with, making it look brown and streaky? The 2 bucket method should eiminate this though.

I clean the windscreen/windows regular with Autosmart Glass Clear, but if you protect it with something like G Techniq's range, then it will repel water at speeds above 30MPH, and help keep it clean.

I just use Poorboys Natural Look Dressing for interior plastics etc, and give the nav screen a wipe over with the same cloth once its dried up a bit. Always works wonders!

Leather wipes are ok, but the Gliptone kit is good also, but thats more if the leather is dirty and needs cleaning, then protecting.