Author Topic: Maguiars and Poorboys Day Out....  (Read 10293 times)

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Maguiars and Poorboys Day Out....
« Reply #20 on: 18 June 2013, 18:11 »
Car looks excellent, love the beading shot too  :grin:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 18 June 2013, 21:17 »
Thanks I enjoy how shiney it was, I will be back to order some refils of stuff soon.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 18 June 2013, 21:23 »
The Megs DA arrived today  :cool:

Just waiting for my waxamomo order (pads etc) to turn up......it's enroute.

Downside is going to have to wait couple of weeks to test it out with wax as too much going on work wise/socially  :sad:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 19 June 2013, 17:19 »
The Megs DA arrived today  :cool:

Just waiting for my waxamomo order (pads etc) to turn up......it's enroute.

Downside is going to have to wait couple of weeks to test it out with wax as too much going on work wise/socially  :sad:

The Megs looks good mind, nice and chunky.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 19 June 2013, 19:47 »
I bit the bullet aswell after following this thread and last night ordered a dodo juice buff daddy with pads. Even talked the mrs in to buying it as my birthday present. Happy days  :smiley:
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 19 June 2013, 20:30 »
What have I started! !! Also just realised I have been spelling Meguiars wrong Hehe

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 19 June 2013, 20:32 »
I bit the bullet aswell after following this thread and last night ordered a dodo juice buff daddy with pads. Even talked the mrs in to buying it as my birthday present. Happy days  :smiley:

Good stuff  :cool:  looks like there's going to be a lot of polishing going on around here. 

It was a toss up between the Buff Daddy and the Meguiars G220 V2 but I decided to go with the latter after ajmoir's review.  Be interested to know how you get on with it.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 19 June 2013, 20:36 »
What have I started! !! Also just realised I have been spelling Meguiars wrong Hehe

Yeah, you've a lot to answer for - I'm £250 worse off this week now  :laugh:

I thought about mentioning the spelling error but figured you catch on eventually........took your time though   :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 20 June 2013, 20:38 »

Yeah, you've a lot to answer for - I'm £250 worse off this week now  :laugh:

I thought about mentioning the spelling error but figured you catch on eventually........took your time though   :grin:
Haha, fingers crossed you get some decent weather for the polishing, the weather here is all over the shop at the moment. It still smells of strawberries mind.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 21 June 2013, 09:53 »
Pads and polish arrived yesterday  :smiley:

Megs pads look substantial.  Opted for PB SSR1 and PB Natty's Blue Liquid Wax which should be easier to use with the DA.  Also got the Hex Logic finishing pad Jimble recommended.  Not sure if I need a smaller backing plate for the Hex pad though as the pad is smaller than the Megs pad?  Maybe a 125mm plate? Megs plate is 150mm.

Weather erratic here too and don't have the use of a garage since my partner turned it into a gym!!!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual