Author Topic: Replacement for SRP and EGP, perhaps one for Guy !  (Read 5205 times)

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
Replacement for SRP and EGP, perhaps one for Guy !
« on: 07 November 2010, 14:58 »
Well the time has come to consider what I replace my SRP and EGP with before it runs out and as Guy isnt a lover of many AG products I thought I would put this one out to your good self (obviously any other comments or suggestions welcomes  :wink:) ! So can you suggest two products that will work well together, not cost too much more and give me more than these two products can in terms of ease of use, finish and longevity. Cheers  :smiley:

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Replacement for SRP and EGP, perhaps one for Guy !
« Reply #1 on: 07 November 2010, 15:25 »
Here's my suggestions:

SRP - Replace with Poorboy's Black Hole
EGP - Replace with Poorboy's Liquid Natty's Blue

I'm not too sure about prices of AG, but they shouldn't be too far away from the products above.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2010, 15:50 »
+1 for nattys blue, also look at megs#16 which is a very good wax for roughly the same price as nattys blue.

havent used blackhole personally but its had very good reviews on dw, also consider britemax blackmax glaze which i do have and use it alot, very good product imho.

limeprime or even need for speed will clean your paint up nicely before you apply your chosen wax.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2010, 15:56 »
Which do you think would be better for steel grey paint? Black hole or White diamond as i'm also looking for a replacement for srp, i use jetseal and supernatural as seal and wax.
Cheers.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 November 2010, 17:33 »
I think I should have added in the first post (Oops  :embarassed:) that the replacement for EGP will have a wax going over the top of it, at the momment my routine is Polish (SRP) - Seal (EGP) - Wax (Rainforest rub at the momment!)

Thanks for the comments so far, I'll look up the products and see what I think  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 07 November 2010, 17:37 by Uruk Hai »

Offline --jp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 07 November 2010, 18:17 »
the black hole is more of a glaze/filler than a light polish/filler than SRP isnt it?

The poorboys sealant is supposed to be very good, you need to check what will bind to what ie using one companies product to seal up anothers polish.

check detailing world for peoples experiences

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 November 2010, 21:36 »
Yes SRP is classed as more of a polish than Black Hole, however because SRP is so filler heavy, I don't think they are miles apart in terms of performance.

If you already have Rainforest Rub, then I would probably change my mind and say go with Dodo Lime Prime, and then just 2 coats of Rainforest Rub (very good choice in wax, my favourite along with Purple Haze)

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 08 November 2010, 12:45 »
i found black hole to be wicked, really helps with the depth of the paint. but i use that after polish.

natty blue is nice and quite cheap considering.

welcome to come try some of my products to do a panel on yours to see how you get on with it?

to keep it cheap, get some natty blue, and a polish.

what about poorboys professional polish 2? only about 14 quid a bottle? i've got some of this but not had a chance to use it yet. hopefully its ok  :undecided:

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 08 November 2010, 13:04 »
I havent considered Lime prime/light, is it effective by hand ? (Sorry should have mentioned that for now this will all be done by hand  :embarassed:)  I'm guessing I would use LP in the same way as SRP. I've had a look at a few of the suggested products and among others I've had a look at Poorboys EX - P sealant (I'm guessing this would this go well over black hole ?) and Jetseal 109 (is it worth the extra money ?), can anyone offer an opinion on these and would it fit into my current  Polish - Seal - Wax routine, something like Black hole - EX-P sealant - Wax ?

Thanks agian for the comments so far, food for thought  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 08 November 2010, 13:28 by Uruk Hai »

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 08 November 2010, 14:17 »
black hole is a sealant/glaze (can't remember which  :rolleyes:) so you'd want a polish before that

polish xxx - black hole - wax xxx

I've been advised js109 is worth the extra over something like "wet mirror look" which i wasn't that impressed with tbh