Author Topic: Today's cleaning sesh pics :)  (Read 5897 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Today's cleaning sesh pics :)
« on: 17 November 2009, 15:12 »
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/collinite-915-marque-d-39-elegance-carlack-kit/prod_410.html

Courtesy of Jeynesey, mind you he sent me that link bloody ages ago, and I only just got round to buying it haha! But I though it was a good buy, and the sealant included along with the applicators pads and clothes to buff off it always a bonus.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Just ordered this (looking for wax and sealant?)
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2009, 15:23 »
good deal that is :smiley:
if you end up getting it shady make sure you dont leave the carlack stuff sitting still for too long without shaking it occasionally as its prone to going off, temperature fluctuations will effect it too.
been looking at this site for last few months, going to get some finishkare products.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2009, 15:26 by dubplate Dan »
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2009, 16:26 »
if you end up getting it shady make sure you dont leave the carlack stuff sitting still for too long without shaking it occasionally as its prone to going off, temperature fluctuations will effect it too.
been looking at this site for last few months, going to get some finishkare products.

What do you mean if I end up getting it? You implying it won't be delivered? LOL! I have ordered so should be here Thursday on next day delivery, but we will see. The sealant goes on after the paint clean and polish and then wax correct?

Cheers for the heads up on the sealant too, I'll be sure to shake it often :)

Offline mumbles

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2009, 17:12 »

What do you mean if I end up getting it? You implying it won't be delivered? LOL! I have ordered so should be here Thursday on next day delivery, but we will see. The sealant goes on after the paint clean and polish and then wax correct?

just think of it as practice  :grin:

looks like a pretty good deal  :cool:
Wouldn't be fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?

Audi A4 Sport

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2009, 17:32 »

yep polish 1st, then glaze if you desire!! then sealant x2 and wax x2 if you have the time.
and yes  :wink:shake often :grin:   
and yes i didnt read your topic starter properly before i posted a reply :laugh:  
« Last Edit: 17 November 2009, 17:33 by dubplate Dan »

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2009, 17:48 »

yep polish 1st, then glaze if you desire!! then sealant x2 and wax x2 if you have the time.
and yes  :wink:shake often :grin:   
and yes i didnt read your topic starter properly before i posted a reply :laugh:  

I'm going to refer to you as "The Yes Man" from now on lol! Good, glad I got that down then, I'll be sure to coat 2 layers of sealant and wax, and hopefully I won't have to do it again for about 3/4 months :)

Offline nogrille

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2009, 08:35 »
carlack is still one of my favourite all in one's, but it does stink...

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2009, 18:56 »
Very quick service I must say, next day delivery for an extra pound via courier :afro:

Applicator pads seem basic but they'll do the job, microfibre clothes look good quality though, and jesus, I didn't realise how big the 915 tin was, it's huge!!! I think it's gonna last forever if 2 layers cover the car for 4+ months!

I'm giving the car a damn good clean Wednesday on my day off, so will have pictures uploaded after that.

That will be a clean > dry > paint clean > polish > sealant > wax.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2009, 22:53 »
look foward to the pics dude :smiley:

no claying??? it would definatly aid the polishing/paint clean process :wink:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2009, 23:30 »
look foward to the pics dude :smiley:

no claying??? it would definatly aid the polishing/paint clean process :wink:

Well it's due for a clay but let's be honest, I'm scrapping the car next year, what's the point? lol!