Author Topic: pressure washers  (Read 23549 times)

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
Re: pressure washers
« Reply #10 on: 17 December 2008, 18:48 »
snowfoam is like a pre-wash soak. the foam lifts the surface dirt etc away and as the foam falls off the car it takes the crap with it, so when you come to washing the car there is less chance of there being harmfull crap on your paint. in all honesty, my old golf was very well cared for and waxed so in summer i have snowfoamed, rinsed and not much else.
i once tried snowfoaming, rinse, snowfoam then washed with the foam and bucket of water to rinse the mitt and it seemed to work. not sure if i'd do it with a very dirty car but the principle is the same as just wahsing i guess?

plus it looks cool and the neighbours are always impressed/shocked/in disbelief!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 17 December 2008, 19:45 »

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #12 on: 18 December 2008, 10:10 »
i use a stihl pressure cleaner got it when i started my business up , cost me 250+ and thats with a discount thanks to my uncle, but it had......at the time the highest output pressure of all the cold water machines and came with a foam making bottle that attaches to the lance which i must say is the nuts and does exactly the same as these new foam guns you lot are buying for 50+ squids, ive done ALOT and i mean ALOT of cars with this machine and its still going strong now, very reliable/powerfull, only thing i changed when i first got it was the hose  from the machine to the lance as with all pressure machines the standard hoses are sh!te so i got some hydrolic hose fitted and have had no probs with it. kew or Alto i think there called now make good washers but there quite expensive tho. good luck guy
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 18 December 2008, 15:52 »
I'll give you one (halfords jobby) If you machine polish my car!?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 19 December 2008, 00:52 »

nah - you're alright thanks!  :laugh:

thanks all for your advice

right... i is stuck between karcher and matika... have not heard of matika...

what's your thoughts?

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 19 December 2008, 09:02 »

nah - you're alright thanks!  :laugh:

thanks all for your advice

right... i is stuck between karcher and matika... have not heard of matika...

what's your thoughts?

Go with Karcher mate!

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 19 December 2008, 09:20 »
Matika or Makita? Makita are very good for drills etc, some of my dad's are nearly as old as me i think!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 19 December 2008, 11:12 »
Matika or Makita? Makita are very good for drills etc, some of my dad's are nearly as old as me i think!

oops my bad - i meant makita  :embarassed:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #18 on: 19 December 2008, 13:05 »
aahhhh makita, no ,there not famous for making good reliable jet washers  :wink:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline cabbydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 23 December 2008, 18:17 »
aahhhh makita, no ,there not famous for making good reliable jet washers  :wink:
makita the power tools are good, but i used to be an service engineer for karcher, they are good until they break! parts for arent cheap!!! just remember to let the pressure out when you have finished with it! most people dont and put in back in the shed and it knackers up the interials as they parts are only plastic on the domestic equipment like the ones in halford b&q
oh and the green coloured jet washers (the cheapo ones that are near the karchers are made by karcher too but cant be repaired hence why they are cheap)