Author Topic: pressure washers  (Read 23575 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
pressure washers
« on: 17 December 2008, 14:02 »
right then boys and girs...

I am in the mood for some serious snowfoam...  :evil:  with crimbo coming up a pressure washer is on the list that I can combine with a foam lance :laugh:

• I don't know much about pressure washers... so if anyone can point out what I should be looking for... which ones are better... etc etc then I would be grateful... I would rather pay a few bucks more for something decent than skimp and get some piece of junk that'll break down the second time I use it.
  • if you can suggest a useful, reliable and good value for money off/online retailer of said pressure washers
  • i understand snowfoam can bugger your protective wax up? is there ways around this? ie. changing mixtures etc?

tia

Guy

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: pressure washers
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2008, 14:26 »
i've got a small Karcher pressure washer - bought it from Argos

paid about £45 for it over 12 months ago

not heard of the snowfoam stripping the wax though  :undecided:  i use Elite Carcare snow foam and that seems to be fine

Mine is still beading quite well nearly 4 months after applying the last lot of Collinite  :smiley:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2008, 14:35 »
only thing i can help with is the purrrr-chase of the washer mate...

if your looking for something that is going to last i.e. not a B&Q special for 30 quid then i can suggest my companies sister company WSS
http://www.westskelstonservices.co.uk/

they do a huge range of brand new and ex-demo stuff which is really good quality, mainly makita, honda stuff etc and cheaper than from a merchant, i can have a look what washers they have in at the mo ex-demo if your interested, let me know  :smiley:

shameless plug  kno!  :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2008, 14:38 »

if your looking for something that is going to last i.e. not a B&Q special for 30 quid then i can suggest my companies sister company WSS

going off topic slightly but what a small world - my old company supplied West Skelston with generators  :laugh:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2008, 14:47 »

going off topic slightly but what a small world - my old company supplied West Skelston with generators  :laugh:

ha ha really? it is a small World!  :cool:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2008, 15:21 »
Rhyso... was thinking about a Karcher... they seem to be the most compliant with the snowfoam systems

cookie - the site you mentioned seems to be having a revamp... how much would they be after and are they electric or fuel?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 17 December 2008, 15:25 »
something like this would do you

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7402010/Trail/searchtext%3EKARCHER.htm

and you get this effect  :shocked:

thats about an inch of snowfoam and warmish water  :smiley:

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 17 December 2008, 15:28 »
Have a look in Woolworths. I'm not sure what model it is, but 2 weeks ago my sister got a Black and Decker pressure washer that was originally £140 or so for £12 :grin:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 17 December 2008, 15:30 »
they do both mate, electric cheaper and if its only the car you are washing then thats good nuff, will have a look at prices for ya tomorrow mate.

Dan

Offline annekarob

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2008, 17:45 »
Hi, can somebody please explain the benefits of snowfoaming? Does it do away with the need for a bucket and a proper wash completely? Do you still need to manually 'wash' your car or is the snowfoam enough? Am interested in getting myself some decent kit like the above!

'I spent a lot of money on fast cars, women and booze...the rest I just wasted!'    George Best