Author Topic: Seen one on the road  (Read 11525 times)

golfvr6

Re:Seen one on the road
« Reply #20 on: 20 December 2003, 22:52 »
Yep

Offline Cupra Turbo

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 21 December 2003, 21:20 »
cool.... argument XNET

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=38

Modified Golf GTI, 130Bhp(est), All Smoked Plus Quad Headl

turbo

« Reply #22 on: 31 December 2003, 14:03 »
it will be a dear car when they are released and this is what kills them off... this is why they dominated the hot hatch market in the early days there were loads of makes which were fast cheap and not that bad to insure now there bigger engines and no turbocharged cars. there heavy and are slow! and they cost a fortune!

vw can make small engined fast cars like the 1.8 t 225 bhp! but they dont want to do that! why give you an economical car when they can give you a 3.2 litre!

it was like  when clarkson tested a mk1 gti to newer cars it wet all over them.... and he said has technology improved.........er no!

well it has but they are not using it properly!

Offline Helios_Blue_Valver

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 01 January 2004, 14:28 »
I don't know why they don't run the 1.8t up to 225. It is virtually the same engine as the Audi Lump in the TT. I had a 2000 TT coupe for about 8 months. loved the power of it. If I'd had it longer I would have had it turned up a bit more probably but anyway.  Now I see the 2003 is coming out with a 3.2 liter in it. I would like to see a comparison between the older 1.8t and the 3.2 in lines of power to weight. Probably not too much of a difference. In a car of it's size and weight I would rather have the 1.8 up front for me.

Speedydub

« Reply #24 on: 01 January 2004, 18:11 »
Personally, I reckon the new mk5 looks a bit too much like a 307. Sorry, not my cup of tea....

Offline Helios_Blue_Valver

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 02 January 2004, 11:13 »
I think they will look different in the flesh than in photos. When the MK4 was coming out I saw pics of it in a magazine and though it looked pants but after seeing it in the flesh I like them. VW did rather get away from the light small version of the GTI when the introduced the MK3 but they made them more refined to attract more buyers. They alos introduced bigger engines to rest in between the towers. I doubt VW would sell many GTI's if they were still the mk2's (they'd sell 1 to me) It woiuld be cool if they had stuck to the MK2 body style with say the r32 drivetrain and mk3 interior. That would be nice. :)

Offline pottsey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 02 January 2004, 23:14 »
any ideas how the bog standard 1.4/1.6 gose wife wants new car in feb might treat her (get her fat arse out of my vr6 more like raging it when its cold ill teach her lol) ;D

Blue MK2

« Reply #27 on: 05 January 2004, 17:00 »

Yep it was all badged up as a GTI, seen a couple now around Milton Keynes. Got a mate who works for VW and he has taken one out for a spin.!!

Justin whos ya mate i might know him?

Blue MK2

« Reply #28 on: 05 January 2004, 17:08 »
he the one with the white mk3, audi TT alloys and m3 rear lights by any chance ???

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #29 on: 06 January 2004, 20:16 »
I've got an invite to the mk 5 launch at my local dealership on the 22nd so once I've had a go I'll let you all know what its like.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel