Author Topic: ???Golf garage in Norwich/Norfolk?  (Read 2620 times)

Offline simg

• Just got here
???Golf garage in Norwich/Norfolk?
« on: 30 December 2003, 10:58 »
Got the chance to buy a MkII GTi 8v which comes with a slick 50 engine (plus bits), roll cage, AVO suspension, etc for conversion into a track car, plus a spare donor car for bits.

Being a bit of novice, I'm looking to trust the engine transplant, etc to a local (low cost!) garage - anyone got any recommendations?

Offline Helios_Blue_Valver

• I live here
Re: ???Golf garage in Norwich/Norfolk?
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2003, 11:23 »
hello mate, I live down near thetford. You could try Scole Motorsports out in Diss but they seem to take ages to get work done. They are cheap though. They are charging one of my m8's around 1000 to put a VW 2.0l 16 in his Audi 80. They have been promising it to him for the last 3 months and they still have it. If you go there I would recommend telling them you need it by a set date or you will deduct from their price. :) maybe that will work. Their work seems to be spot on though. I don't know their number but if you want it I can probably get it. If you want to drive a bit farther Andy at Stanton Cars is a VW nutter and does conversions and what not. Does excellent work from what I am told.

old_boy

« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2003, 11:24 »
Hi there,
You can do a lot worse than give Volkapart a ring.
they are behind wilco on the aylsham road.
call 01603 400468 and ask for Ozzy, dave or andy.
Tell them jim sent you.
I have been using these guys for eight years now and they have always served me well-very well priced. ;)
I cant sing their praises enough. :)
if you need any help or want to chat about anything, im just off the A11 past Attleborough, send me a message and we can exchange numbers-i've done a few engine conversions in my time!

old_boy

« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2003, 11:27 »
Small world 8916vGTI !!! :)

Offline simg

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2003, 11:55 »
I've used VolkaPart in the past for little bits and pieces and some work on my first GTi and they've always been very helpful.

My second, 16v Golf, was serviced by Scole before I got it and ran for 45k without anything major going wrong.
Small world indeed!

I might be able to do a deal with VolkaPart - they keep the bits that aren't needed....

Offline Helios_Blue_Valver

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2003, 16:59 »
Small world 8916vGTI !!! :)

I'll say. Right now I live about 8 miles out of Thetford. Hopefully moving into Thetford this summer. Your not far at all from me if I am thinking correct old_boy.
 :)

Scole does some of the best work I have seen. Just not too impressed with the timeliness of the work. If it was my car they had I would be getting a little irritated after 4 months but it is a complicated convert and Nick told them to take their time. lol.
« Last Edit: 30 December 2003, 17:02 by 8916vGTI »