Author Topic: Golf MKII project gift idea needed  (Read 2754 times)

Offline MKIIBen

• Just got here
Golf MKII project gift idea needed
« on: 14 September 2017, 06:51 »
Hello Golf GTI Forum thanks for the add.

I am here today because I am in need of a little inspiration and imagination to get my father the perfect gift. Luckily enough a week ago he went a bought a rust bucket of a MKII and it's now his project so I would like to get him a gift that has something to do with his new project. This is where you guys come in, I am no mechanic so I don't even know where to start on parts that he might need.

Are there any parts for the GTI MKII that are hard to come by so I can start looking around now. I have found quite a few parts on this site https://www.for-sale.ie/golf-mk2-breaking but as above not sure what fits what etc. If not, what would be a great part as a gift? If there is anything else that pops into mind please comment below all ideas are greatly appreciated. I haven't really got a budget so so I'm open to all ideas!

Thanks
Example picture of the cake we ordered
« Last Edit: 18 September 2017, 05:11 by MKIIBen »

Offline MKIIBen

• Just got here
Re: Golf MKII project gift idea needed
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2017, 06:54 »
Is the forum quiet at this time of year or have I posted in the wrong area?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2017, 09:52 »
Is the forum quiet at this time of year or have I posted in the wrong area?

Try posting in the MK2 section? This section doesn't have the highest footfall and there you'll have only people interested in MK2s visiting so likely to get the best response.

As to your question below, how about looking at tools rather than parts? Or if he's working out in a cold garage a heater? Things that will make the working environment better.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2017, 14:10 »
A repair manual
A set of BBS
A car cover
Some tools
VW Heritage voucher
A trip to the factory/museum
Some detailing gear
A case of wine

What does 'thanks for the add' mean?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline MKIIBen

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2017, 05:07 »
I was thinking tools but then I also thought who want's tools for their birthday, haha but the car cover and case of wine is a great idea! I will head over to the MK2 section now and have a mooch about, New to this forum business so wasn't sure where to post as a beginner.