Author Topic: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!  (Read 261788 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!
« Reply #30 on: 05 August 2008, 10:59 »
Overcast skies are brilliant for photography and I was really lucky last night that the clouds were well defined. It actually wasn't that dark but I purposefully under exposed the shots and used the flash on a tripod to pick out the cars. I need to work a bit on getting the flash to focus more on the car and less on the ground, but I'm getting there. I should hopefully be adding a couple more flashes to set up later in the year to start playing with multiple light sources and cross lighting. Man this is a more expensive hobby than dubs!

Nick

you will be teaching me this technique sensei!

my OCF works superbly btw... no need for triggers imo...works in every position in front and behind the camera

that first mk3 is lush... looks very clean.. esp without the side repeaters

No worries mate, No Rice next week will be as good a place as any to have a faff about with em. If you've got a spare tripod it's worth bringing along to mount the flash on (I've got a couple of adaptors to let you do this which you can borrow.)

Nick

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 05 August 2008, 11:02 »
/\/\/\  cool... will bring what I have although my tripod is gash... thats next on the shopping list! not this month though!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #32 on: 05 August 2008, 11:05 »
Gash tripods are ideal for flash stands as long as it's not likely to fall over and muller it on the tarmac. I use a £9 argos one for mine and use my Monfrotto expensive one for the camera.

Nick

Offline Hypermonkey

• GTI forum regular
  • Only users lose drugs!
« Reply #33 on: 08 August 2008, 18:07 »
Did my first track shots yesterday at Silverstone. Have to say I could have done better if I'd used the monopod instead of the tripod as the pics where better.
I found the 'dynamic' shots easier than the panning, but hey...first time out was to learn. I took over 800 pics and have just spent 12 hours photoshoping (my free 30 day elements trial runs out at midnight :embarassed:) to get them spot on as I was the only photographer there and ended up doing the official pics for the day through Northloop :shocked:...baptism of fire and all that.
I can't put too many up as they are yet to be sold to the people who've ordered them...but here's a few :wink:

Offline Simpson

• I live here
  • one day il learn
« Reply #34 on: 08 August 2008, 21:00 »
you certainly have a good eye for detail id be itnereste dijn getting a photshoot of the 8 valve after the repsray next week.  :cool:
i must buy a new car!

Offline scotgc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 08 August 2008, 21:43 »
Bored at work, heres a few interesting photo's.

The one which shows the curvature of the earth is the best!  these photos have not been
altered in any way !

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 08 August 2008, 21:52 »

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #37 on: 08 August 2008, 22:09 »

^^^^ I've seen this pic before and commented on it - A long time ago - It's extremely powerful - Did you take it?
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline scotgc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 08 August 2008, 22:44 »
Yeah, It was taken a while ago now ! during one of the storms out here in the north sea. It can go from one extreme to the other in a matter of hours !   Wouldnt like to abandon platform when the sea state is like that in our little orange lifeboats  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #39 on: 08 August 2008, 22:48 »
....Did you once post that pic on Tyresmoke?
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2