Author Topic: Living with a G60.......what's it really like???  (Read 3155 times)

Offline tobz.

• I live here
Re:Living with a G60.......what's it really like???
« Reply #10 on: 29 April 2004, 16:43 »
Hi S11eps
Ideally I'm looking for a j plate but I'd consider most ages as long as the mileage and condition is correct.
Points of interest to me are:
mileage, service history (especially cambelt), how many owners, any bodywork defects no matter how small, any modifications (preferably not).
If you could pm me these details along with an asking price that would be much apprieciated. A pic also would be excellent.

Cheers
Toby

P.S. would I have seen you just off the A1 near St Neots a couple of weeks ago? I'm sure that was your car pulled up behind me at a roundabout then turned into tescos there???

You got any pics of your dad's split ?

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2004, 17:03 »
Yeah, I live just round the corner from Tesco's!

I'll get all the details for the car for you at the weekend and pm you, and if you're interested you could maybe come and see it - he lives in st neots as well.

Not to sure of mileage, but the bodywork is immaculate (the guy is a sprayer by trade, and is VERY fussy!) interior is also very very good.

Car has been lowered and wheels have been changed (although he has the standard fit bbs in his shed). The car is only run during summer months, and is hibernated every september!

It's just had a new (std) exhaust, including manifold, has 6 months tax and will have 12 months MOT. I'll get the mileage, history, number of owners and price for you at the weekend.

S11EPS

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline tobz.

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 29 April 2004, 17:23 »
Nice one cheers
I'm from just down the road in cambridge so popping over for a look at anytime shouldn't be a problem.
You say your mate is a sprayer, could you also find out if he has done any paintwork on the car.

Thought that was you the other week, can't really miss the number plate!!!

Speak to you soon

Toby

You got any pics of your dad's split ?

Offline tinman

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 30 April 2004, 00:22 »
I was worried the lhd might be a bit annoying but so far no problem at all. If you are into mk2's I am not convinced a Corrado will keep you happy ;)

explain.....

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #14 on: 30 April 2004, 08:58 »
I was worried the lhd might be a bit annoying but so far no problem at all. If you are into mk2's I am not convinced a Corrado will keep you happy ;)

explain.....

I think the key phrase is -"if you are into mk2's I am not convinced a Corrado will keep you happy" is quite important here. A Corrado is not actually a mk2 Golf, and he likes mk2 golfs!!
Hope that clears it up ;)
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 30 April 2004, 10:55 »
He mentioned he has had 3 mk2's in a row and has been looking for a mint mk2 16v for ages, so I kind of took it as he is a mk2 nut and that a Corrado is probably always going to be second best :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline G6dub

• I live here
  • Breaking lots of Golf's :-)
« Reply #16 on: 30 April 2004, 13:09 »
Forget the stories you hear as long as you look after the charger  you will be fine, but if it was me I would be going for a mk2 Golf G60 not a corrado.
LHD is no problem, I am short and so if going into a car park I have to move across seats to reach the ticket, but that is the only hardship.
Overtaking is not a problem esp on motorways what are mirrors for well unless stuck behind a tractor on a country lane, but that doesn't happen to offen.

Rebuilds do it before you need it to be safe and watch who you use, I personaly don't use anyone in the UK mine went to USA last time but I got a nice upgrade at the same time  ;)
there is also Germany companys I would use but you want to be spending around ?450 for that.

When it comes to brakes calipers don't buy what vw tell you you need, it is the same stuff as a 16v just with a different part number and price!