Author Topic: if anyones interested... mk3 anniv valver for sale..  (Read 4860 times)

Offline Overseer

• I live here
if anyones interested... mk3 anniv valver for sale..
« on: 24 February 2004, 14:04 »
a really tidy looking mk3 valver in dark blue has been put up for sale in the VW dealership next to where I work (the dealership is Silver Street Motors, Taunton).

I think its anniversay model because of the wheels. It has dark (black?) cloth seats, its an early 97 model and has around 49,000 on it according to the thing in the window.

I saw it there yest and noticed the owners manual etc was left on the seat.

so its been for sale for just this morning so far , its up at 6,995..

mmm :)
Used to have a '97 MK3 16v GTI 3dr in 'Black Magic'... now have a '55 Civic Type-S...

golfvr6

Re:if anyones interested... mk3 anniv valver for sale..
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2004, 14:16 »
A bit overpriced...

Offline Overseer

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2004, 14:20 »
yeah a lil.. they can always go down a bit, and its good for those that want to p/x :)
Used to have a '97 MK3 16v GTI 3dr in 'Black Magic'... now have a '55 Civic Type-S...

golfvr6

« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2004, 14:22 »
Typical dealership, i bet the car is only worth about 5k.

Offline jte

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2004, 14:25 »
If i had ?6,995 burning a hole in my pocket i would buy a very nice VR6 Highline.

I think VW dealers are a bit out of touch with reality when it comes to older models.  I recently saw a MK3 GL N reg in Sidlow VW Horsham for ?5595.   I don't know how much VW give you in px but i bet it was marked up by 100%.

A VR6 isn't a way of life, it's just a car.

Offline Overseer

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 February 2004, 14:28 »
Yup they are well out of touch..

Considering I paid 4,500 for my late 1997 valver with 75k on it with fwvsh :)

Offline jte

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 24 February 2004, 14:42 »
That was a steal mate.  Especially with the mmmmmm leather.

I paid ?4,200 for Nov 96 16v 5door 80K miles, fVWsh  with a/c.  Got hpi check and RAC inspection + 6mths warranty.

If you spend some time looking you can get good value.

Offline Overseer

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 February 2004, 14:58 »
Yeah I know :)

Bad thing was, I couldn't resist,  I wasn't quite ready to buy a car at the point, and virtually skinted myself buying it. I still have my old '96 open air polo  to sell.. :(

True about the value of spending time looking, I sat on autotrader for weeks watching what was around (so i could see which dogs kept reappearing, and see what they're going for..) and jumped on my one :)

I had to travel a few hours to basingstoke for it, apparently they had one guy from brighton very upset he couldnt see it. I'd phoned at 9am on the friday it went on the autotrader site and demanded to see it on the sat and got myself first refusal..  they said it wasnt ready and wanted me to see it on the monday but relented  8)

Offline jte

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 February 2004, 15:13 »
I spent ages looking, must have looked at about 5 or 6 but held out for exactly what i wanted at the right price.  I found it was important to learn how to say no to salesmen, and pick up on every minor defect for bargaining, my car was up for ?4,750 (spent about ?70 putting these little things right).  You soon pick up on the common faults though.

I had to travel about 60 miles at 8 o'clock one sunday night to meet the garage owner, he had someone coming on monday morning, had to do all the looking on a petrol station forecourt for some decent light.  Great fun.

Luckily i was replacing a crashed car so had nothing to sell, although i did use my parents Toyota as a p/x!  My advice is always write off a car the same weekend someone in your family buys a new car, it's really convenient!

Offline missvdubluv

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 25 February 2004, 10:36 »
"My advice is always write off a car the same weekend someone in your family buys a new car, it's really convenient!"

Damn, why didnt you tell me that last week ;D

I always thought that Anni's were only made in black and red ???

And as for the VW stealership in Taunton, wouldnt touch em with a barge pole, they charge at least 25% more for parts than the stealership in Bridgwater :o
« Last Edit: 25 February 2004, 10:37 by missvdubluv »